1969 Tractor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
I know this is not a tractor forum, but I scored a 1969 Power King Tractor today that I have been looking at for 20years on the other side of my fence. It has sat in that one spot forever.

Here is what it looks like now</font>

TractorKingMarch24th2009001.jpg

Here is what it will look like when I am done.</font>
DSC01533.jpg

That will be one heckuva transformer......

Anything goes in friendly chit chat, post your progress....

smiley1.gif

good job - keep us posted with new pictures as you go - - -

I know it will be great - - -

rrawhide
smiley20.gif

SCORE, looks like had good rubber even from staying in same spot. Did it have the belly mower with it?

It does not have the belly mower or any of the attachments. After I restore it I will go after the attachments. Yes, its a Kohler engine. I have since found out it is the deluxe model, it came with tunnel, breakerless ignition, foot brakes, and hydraulics. Some models came with two transmissions, I am not sure about this one. I will look today. The tractor is still next door. I will bring it home tomorrow. I will take the Case 1140 and a trailer over there and suck it up on the trailer. The pond you see in the picture is on my property. You can slightly see the pond in the next picture behind our ole 63 Ford

Case 1140</font>

16480_case_ih_1140_002.jpg

That looks like a fun project! I have restored several tractors. Cubs and 8Ns. Lots of fun. Good luck and keep posting pics&gt;

If you can get that tractor to look like that in the picture you are the man!

Is the propane tank for a barbeque attachment? If so where are the cup holders for your beer?
smiley36.gif

wade said:
If you can get that tractor to look like that in the picture you are the man!

That tractor is about 10 years newer, but yes, I will have this tractor looking that sharp. I have a mechanical background as well as an automotive finishing background with PPG. I have currently tracked down the PPG code for the orange and I am looking for the silver and black now.

rrussell said:
Is the propane tank for a barbeque attachment? If so where are the cup holders for your beer?
smiley36.gif

No no, the propane tank does not come with it. I got BBQ Covered.

Mjd

Very nice, mjd. It looks like a great project. Also, you have a nice looking place there.

chiefmike said:
Very nice, mjd. It looks like a great project. Also, you have a nice looking place there.

Thank You, its actually two places side by side. We just keep the four bedroom house empty except for my wine hobby in one of the bedrooms, my wood workshop in the garage.

Nice score on the tractor. There's a lot of appreciation around the forum for this kind of thing.
smiley32.gif

The guy gave me three implements. One of them is in pieces and neither he or I can tell what it is (or was). I am going back tomorrow for the dish harrow and the big ole soil buster/middle buster.

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_024.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_024.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_022.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_021.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_020.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_019.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_018.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_017.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_016.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_015.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_014.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_013.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_012.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_011.jpg

6073_tractor_king_march_24th_2009_010.jpg

Looks like it might be a hitch garden bedder to me. Google it and you will find different pics, some with blades attached.
20090329_112544_GB-48_med.jpg

It looks like you have an assortment of cultivating and hilling attachments.

They didn't do much bed making when this tractor was made Wade, so even though they use some of the same parts, I doubt it was a bedder like that one.

wade said:
Looks like it might be a hitch garden bedder to me. Google it and you will find different pics, some with blades attached.
20090329_112544_GB-48_med.jpg

I havent heard of one of those. I am going to have to research those. If that aint what this is I may need one anyway
appleman said:
It looks like you have an assortment of cultivating and hilling attachments.

They didn't do much bed making when this tractor was made Wade, so even though they use some of the same parts, I doubt it was a bedder like that one.

I am getting the its a cultivator &amp; hilling attachment alot on the tractor forums.

I am hoping to run into somebody that has one of these exact implements so that I can get it put together.

I have the tractor here at the house now. I will take better pictures as soon as the NASCAR race is done.

Latest posts

Back