1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these estimates, Predictions and over 40 million people are below or are In poverty and what was the middle income is headed downward (the new poverty line).
Ask these people if in there future there thinking about buying an electric vehicle.
Sorry for the rant🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
I fear your numbers may be conservative in regards to the number of people who view EVs as 'out of reach'.

It's been pointed out that the overall powergrid across the USA is not robust enough for widespread EV adoption. Today, CA asked folks to not charge EV due to strains on the power grid.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/california-electriccars-powergrid/2021/06/28/id/1026765/
Problems such as these can be solved, but that's in the future. Right now, they are a show stopping problem.

A few things. First of all, "today" is not June, 2021. Second, Newsmax is not a serious outlet of news. It is a screed, pure and simple. Moreover, the article you referenced did not do any reporting. It just cited the Epoch Times. From Wiki: "The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement." And the cited Epoch Times article just says that the grid operators (not the state of California) asked people not to charge during the high-demand period.

WADR, I do not believe this adds any valuable information to this conversation.

Last edited:
California has a grid problem as well as many other states do , and with the gas problem the way it is at this time and the resources we have as well as the big tech we should have never gotten to this point, never.
For the most part once government gets in the way and political ambitions and egos interfere nothing ever gets done.
All sources of renewable energy sources should and need to be used , no dought,
Japan leader stated how can they go electric when they haven’t enough problems supplying to usage’s they have now.
Start with plastic bottles and work your way down, .
China, Russia, India who has very little energy sources will never see electric cars, they can’t get out of the use of Coal, NG, and oil.
Over 50% of. Britain will never see eve in their life time,
Let time and business move us forward not political agendas.
Sorry for the rant.

My view on personally trying a new technology is summed up in words I heard long ago; "The pioneers were killed by the Indians; the settlers came later." (For all the PC conscious out there, you may substitute "native Americans," but I am quoting it the way I heard it.)

I do not doubt that there will be a replacement for the ICE and my concern about EV's is the rush to adopt a technology the consequences of which, I feel, have not been fully considered and accommodated. The fact that sales are on the rise for EV's does not mean they are a viable option to the ICE. In a world where Madison Avenue can get people to pay $5 for a cup of coffee, anything is possible.

California has a grid problem as well as many other states do , and with the gas problem the way it is at this time and the resources we have as well as the big tech we should have never gotten to this point, never.
For the most part once government gets in the way and political ambitions and egos interfere nothing ever gets done.
All sources of renewable energy sources should and need to be used , no dought,
Japan leader stated how can they go electric when they haven’t enough problems supplying to usage’s they have now.
Start with plastic bottles and work your way down, .
China, Russia, India who has very little energy sources will never see electric cars, they can’t get out of the use of Coal, NG, and oil.
Over 50% of. Britain will never see eve in their life time,
Let time and business move us forward not political agendas.
Sorry for the rant.

Should I assume, then, that you are opposed to the governmental policy of, say, subsidizing the cost of home ownership (through mortgage tax deductions) as a way of increasing home ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back