1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On Tuesday, Tesla’s China website listed the starting price of the Model 3 Performance at 367,900 yuan ($57,648). The South China Morning Post reported on Mar. 10 the price was 349,900 yuan after a previous increase that day.

The Model Y Long Range in China now costs 375,900 yuan — up from the previous price of 357,900 yuan. The Model Y Performance is currently priced at 417,900 yuan, up from 397,900 yuan previously."

Gee .... my $32,000 Toyota Tacoma sounds like a pretty good deal right about now.

1647345666784.png

"On Tuesday, Tesla’s China website listed the starting price of the Model 3 Performance at 367,900 yuan ($57,648). The South China Morning Post reported on Mar. 10 the price was 349,900 yuan after a previous increase that day.

The Model Y Long Range in China now costs 375,900 yuan — up from the previous price of 357,900 yuan. The Model Y Performance is currently priced at 417,900 yuan, up from 397,900 yuan previously."

Gee .... my $32,000 Toyota Tacoma sounds like a pretty good deal right about now.

View attachment 85753
Time will move us in another direction not force , industry will show us the way with a long term plan.

View attachment 85753

Yep, that's right, price increases due to the very high demand.
I was going to sell my Model 3 and get a Model Y but the Y increased just about $10k just in 2021. My friend bought his Y in Dec 2020 for less than $50k.

The Y just had another increase a few days ago, the first one this year, and there's no signs of slowing down since deliveries are not being out for almost a year before you can get a new car after you place the order. It is crazy, but again is all about the demand.

For the time being, I'm keeping my 3 and enjoying the cost for me to drive watching the current gas prices :db

I was going to sell my Model 3 and get a Model Y but the Y increased just about $10k just in 2021. My friend bought his Y in Dec 2020 for less than $50k.

The Y just had another increase a few days ago, the first one this year, and there's no signs of slowing down since deliveries are not being out for almost a year before you can get a new car after you place the order. It is crazy, but again is all about the demand.

For the time being, I'm keeping my 3 and enjoying the cost for me to drive watching the current gas prices :db

Hi demand??? Nope! Musk blamed it on cost of materials, particularly nickel and inflation pressures. He did not mention demand - just the cost of materials.

You are conflating new car pricing of Teslas in China with used car pricing in the US. One has very little to do with the other. The used car market in this country is making all vehicles rise in price. "Used-car prices rose 40.5% in January from a year ago" Why Your Car Might Be Worth More Today Than When You Bought It

Hi demand??? Nope! Musk blamed it on cost of materials, particularly nickel and inflation pressures. He did not mention demand - just the cost of materials.

That too. I'm just speaking from feedback from different groups I participate and soooo man people waiting in line.

Elon Musk’s Tesla may not pump out fumes from the tailpipe. But that does not make it environmentally-friendly. The process of producing batteries for one Tesla car has as much pollution as driving a gas-fueled vehicle for eight years.

While an electric car does not need gas, it might still get its energy from burning carbon. It depends on how your local grid generates electricity. When you factor in other things like the high-performing metals needed to make an electric vehicle, you will find electric cars, more so Tesla vehicles, are just as environmentally damaging as conventional cars.

The biggest green thing Tesla does is in Elon Musk's wallet!

Elon Musk’s Tesla may not pump out fumes from the tailpipe. But that does not make it environmentally-friendly. The process of producing batteries for one Tesla car has as much pollution as driving a gas-fueled vehicle for eight years.

While an electric car does not need gas, it might still get its energy from burning carbon. It depends on how your local grid generates electricity. When you factor in other things like the high-performing metals needed to make an electric vehicle, you will find electric cars, more so Tesla vehicles, are just as environmentally damaging as conventional cars.

The biggest green thing Tesla does is in Elon Musk's wallet!

That horse has been beaten to death many times on this thread, one can argue one way or another and everyone may have a fair point of view.
I was responding to your post regarding price increases and I provided a fact that here in the US the Model Y has increased over $10k in over a year, I am not talking about used vehicle market but new cars.

As stated before, my friend bought a Y in Dec. 2020 for less than $50k but now the same car is about $60k.

Putting the environmental aspect on the side for a moment.....Personally, my own experience, my own feedback and my own opinion.....I would never drive a gas car if I can drive an EV. Just the benefit for me of charging at home without the need to drive to a gas station, priceless....

YMMV.

<BEGIN PARODY>
Everybody knows them new fangled Gasoline Powered Vehicles are just a fad. Why who would want to drive around with something that could explode and kill everybody.
<END PARODY>

I'm sure that there were many who made that statement or similar back in 1910-20. EV's are the future, it's not here yet, once the EV chargers are built out and the range increases, there will be no denying that they are better for the environment.

https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/electric-vehicle-myths
Battery technology will improve and we will have batteries that aren't made out of anything like they are today. I don't know (and nobody does) when this will be. For me, living in Missouri and occasionally driving to the backwoods of Minnesota and Iowa they aren't practical yet. There isn't enough population density for there to be charging stations along much of the path, unless I go a different path, but it will be there, eventually. Much like gas stations were hard to come by at one point in time.

Battery technology will improve and we will have batteries that aren't made out of anything like they are today. I don't know (and nobody does) when this will be

I think that may sum it up.
It is a matter of time, whether now or in 20~50 years. What I know is that us, humans, sometimes find it hard to adapt to new technologies and to changes.
If one still writes checks to pay for services, that person is likely getting behind, just an example that we need to adapt to changes and do things better and more efficient possibly.

Who knows, maybe there's going to be a flying car available for cheap way ahead in the future :cool: Jetsons..... :spm

It is a matter of time, whether now or in 20~50 years. What I know is that us, humans, sometimes find it hard to adapt to new technologies and to changes.
I've been following this thread since the beginning, and IMO you have it wrong. It doesn't seem that anyone is doubting that we will have change. The consistent point is that EV are not ready for mass adoption and in the USA we are completely lacking in a path forward. I follow technology news and this is not limited to the USA.

Our current infrastructure is incapable of supplying sufficient electricity and does not have a growth path, and we need a completely new battery design to get around the lack of sufficient raw materials for long term growth.

Without a realistic plan for better power generation, and without a new battery design that does not rely on limited materials, EV will be a failed experiment.

The next 10 years should prove interesting. If there's enough revenue involved -- if the above problems are solvable, they will be solved. Or something else (hydrogen power?) will take its place. I'm looking forward to the result, either way.

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and IMO you have it wrong. It doesn't seem that anyone is doubting that we will have change. The consistent point is that EV are not ready for mass adoption and in the USA we are completely lacking in a path forward. I follow technology news and this is not limited to the USA.

Our current infrastructure is incapable of supplying sufficient electricity and does not have a growth path, and we need a completely new battery design to get around the lack of sufficient raw materials for long term growth.

Without a realistic plan for better power generation, and without a new battery design that does not rely on limited materials, EV will be a failed experiment.

The next 10 years should prove interesting. If there's enough revenue involved -- if the above problems are solvable, they will be solved. Or something else (hydrogen power?) will take its place. I'm looking forward to the result, either way.
I believe you're right on all points. At this point in time, the ice is still king of the road and the ev is an experiment. The outcome is more than foggy. I remember buying hoards of 8-track tapes thinking those puny cassetts will never be the future! One never knows what the future holds!

I’m not sure how I have it wrong based on your estimates.
I never said this is the future now, always said the infrastructure and the way we make batteries need to evolve, there’s no question about it. But again it is a matter of time whether you want to acknowledge anyone else’s point or not.

The EV market is merely scratching the surface at this point, yes sales at a record highs for Tesla but the market is huge to flip the coin from one day to another.

As mentioned before, look at trends. Gas vehicles have been in mass production for many decades, so right now you can not compare apples to apples.

But hey, there’s always someone who likes to ride a horse and there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s about choice and being part of the change and evolving as life continues.

All these estimates, Predictions and over 40 million people are below or are In poverty and what was the middle income is headed downward (the new poverty line).
Ask these people if in there future there thinking about buying an electric vehicle.
Sorry for the rant🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back