Bottling Day With The Hoffart Auto Bottle Filler!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Much thanks to Rick Hoffart for this truly piece of wine making "art"! Perfectly filled bottles every time and not a drop lost! No more Ferrari Auto Bottle (siphon) Filler for this winemaker! Set up and clean up are a breeze. You can adjust the flow as fast or as slow as you want it.

Very nice addition to the toolbox! :br

[ame="http://youtu.be/PXdkJohy2QA"]http://youtu.be/PXdkJohy2QA[/ame]

Last edited:
Valve worked perfect! I can adjust the flow to a nice medium rate and then tweak it down to a dribble at the end so nothing ends up in the overthrow bottle. You nailed the height perfectly as well! Great job all the way around. So much fun to use I think I will start cleaning another set of bottles just so I can use it again!

Hey it worked.
The valve worked ok?

Well I was wondering where this was taking place as I saw you have a nice big vineyard outside your window, and then I realized it was your computer screen. LOL
Nice little contraption.

Mike did you copy that from Rick? If so I think that bottle you just did has his name on it. If he made it for you, I think you owe him at least a few bottles!

Winemaking Talks own "MacGyver" (or MacGruber) Rick Hoffart built it.

Pure winemaking genius! :D

Made from a couple of Vacuvin inserts, refrigerator (water line tubing) inline water (shut off) valve, some hot glue to seal it all up and some pieces of wood.

Mike did you build this? Very nice.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics shat show this beauty off a little better.

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03139.JPG

Too kind Mike ... it's really not hard to make. It's all glued, no nails or screws. Anyone can make one, and no I'm not selling :)

If anyone wants to take that on ... go for it.

Flow valve. Allows complete control of the flow from all out max to a dribble.

Got a link for one of those? That's just about all I need to to make a set up something like yours.

I'm just thinking a spring loaded base would be cool for those different bottles sizes. and maybe make mine out of steel. ( I'm more of a welder then carpenter)

Winemaking Talks own "MacGyver" (or MacGruber) Rick Hoffart built it.

Pure winemaking genius! :D

Made from a couple of Vacuvin inserts, refrigerator (water line tubing) inline water (shut off) valve, some hot glue to seal it all up and some pieces of wood.

NO DUCT TAPE????? How can you reference MacGyver with out duct tape??? :w

Back