Your process for cleaning a glass carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new but i did figure out a way of cleaning the carboy. it works for me.
i use hot water some sanitizing solution and for the scrubing i just drop a couple rags in there and start shaking and spinning, turn upside down and pull rags out

Don't use hot water and do not set the carboys on concrete. Always place at least a piece of cardboard under them. Use good warm water and a drop or two of soap, then sanitize.

Yes they are slippery wet lil devils. Thats good when it comes to spinning them to clean them out but sickening if you lose control and it goes flying.

I have been brewing beer and now wine for over 12 years and I rinse out my glass carboys with one of those high pressure bottle cleaning devices that fits on your faucet. I do this as soon as I empty the carboy and their has only been a few times that I have had to use a bottle brush.

I also store my carboys with a 1/2 gallon of water and bleach. Start out with warm water and as it cools it will suck the stopper in nice and tight for an air tight seal. When you need to use the carboy again just shake up the solution rinse well and you have a sanitized carboy ready to go.

Latest posts

Back