Yet another Western PA member here.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I'm DJ Rockin Steve from Pittsburgh. First time caller here.

I've been making wine for several years now mostly from California juice "Regina". This past season I made 100 gallons and still going strong. Merlot, Cab. Sauv., Cab. Franc, Syrah etc. you get the picture.

I have never made wine from a kit however I did make a plum and blueberry from a can. Sounds yummy huh? Actually the plum is really good. I am also making Strawberry, Tropical blend, Apple Jack etc. as well.

Still learning and look forward to browsing over some of the topics here. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to this site and glad you found your way over from there. Its about time!
smiley36.gif

Steve welcome aboard. About time you made it over here. I met Steve at our luncheon in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. Great guy and he makes some good wine too!

Welcome to the forums!
20100624_100204_kgo_057.gif

Hope you stick around for awhile as there are some pretty nice folks around these parts!

Hi Steve,

I am glad to meet you
smiley4.gif

I know, I know we already no each other. He does make some great wine. His peach mango pear didn't last any longer than supper.

Welcome DJ Steve, love to see another fellow PAer on the forum.

{south central Pa myself, between Lancaster and Philly}

Give these Guys /Gals all your questions and be ready to have some real fun making great strides in your wine making endeavors, there knowledge seems unlimited
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

Sometimes I am very jealous of you guys from Western Pa. I drove thru there last year and was amazed at all the acres and acres of grapes!!
smiley14.gif
smiley14.gif
smiley28.gif

hannabarn said:
Sometimes I am very jealous of you guys from Western Pa. I drove thru there last year and was amazed at all the acres and acres of grapes!!
smiley14.gif
smiley14.gif
smiley28.gif

Yeah but you need to drive through in September. At that time of the year when they are being harvested the aroma is very strong all through the town of Northeast. The only thing we are lacking in this area is George, and I mean that. Well we have him in cyber but it would be nice to walk into his shop and talk to him in person. It is amazing the thousands of acres of grapes here but they go right into New York (I think they have more) and there are hundreds of acres you don't see also.

BUTT you dont want all that COLD and SNOW do ya?

welcome DJ Steve, another PA'er here for the central part of the state just outside the Lancaster area here. This is a great forum with great people with lots of answers and some with lots of question. Have fun and lets drink

Back