WineXpert World Vineyard Kit and fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
Okay, I started the California Trinity a six days ago, had lid on tight, did not notice any bubbles on airlock until today, seems to be going crazy!!Temp. in room is 70, I do not put any heater on. SG dropped to be within range of racking to carboy (for secondary fermentation), should I wait one more day since it seems to be taking off all the sudden, or rack tonite? Thanks for your input. I am leaning towards racking tonite, but not sure if one more day in the primary bucket will help it?

Thanks,

Francie

I racked my Trinity Red today. It had gotten to 1.010. After racking, it started bubbling soon again. If yours is isn that range, do it tonight or if you have tomorrow off from work do it then. If it is in that range you don't want to wait too may more days or it will be done fermenting. It was pobably bubbling before, but quite often the primaries don't seem to seal well, so they don't bubble. It sure smells good and it is definitely a nice rich red color- sorry no pictures.

I would go with appleman's advice...check your SG. that will tell you what to do....Racked my Trinity Red on the 10th, it sure looks good and smells great....I think I'm going to like these 10L. kits..
smiley20.gif

Alot of the times those rubber grommets leak and that is why I
redrilled and replaced them with bungs. If it is going crazy I would
probably rack now.

Thank you so much for your prompt feedback. I think I will rack since it is around 1.009!! I think maybe the seal was not on tight enough, and when I went to check the SG, I sealed it back up pretty good, thus all the "action" now!!

Just watch your SG when it is in range it is ready...Some kits get there faster than others..or slower for that matter...
smiley2.gif

I would rack it to. In regards to the seals on the buckets, I must have an exceptional one because it seals tight. I can even see the lid bulge up when snapped on tight. I even had one kit blow the top off of an airlock once.

Smurfe

Latest posts

Back