WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bottled mine today. I would have liked to let it age more but I hope you enjoy it anyway. I should have them in the mail by Tuesday but I don't think they will arrive by Friday. I will keep you posted when they are shipped.

didnt get mine done in time no time this week to bottle either. At the Wisconsin Fresh Fruit and Vegetable conference this week and my girls got basketball the next 3 weekends in a row. No time for the next 10-13 years to do anything but chase them and make some memories. Go ahead without me. I will just drink my entries and judge them myself this time. Thanks all

Hope the degassing worked. I had problems as well but once I got it out, it cleared within a few days. Maybe there should be a sparkling/cloudy wine category.
Just curious, did you use fresh fruit in yours? I did and suspect that may have been the issue.

Yep I did. Split in half and got it degassed but now I have a different problem my filters to the buon vino mini jet smelled like dish soap I opened 2 different packs too! Didn't notice the smell until I filtered I usually use k meta mix I thought that's what the lemon must make them smell like since I never used the citric before. It's hard to taste the wine for the smell! Never noticed it before. And I'm wondering if it's cuz they sat on shelf for a year but the outside doesn't smell like that! I usually let all my wine degas and clear naturally got the filter as a Gift. I might pm joe and see what he says

I am willing to give everyone more time. Would another month help? With Rod's agreement, of course.

Last edited:
I can wait as long as necessary. I would hate for someone to make a wine for this and not have time to enter. I'm in no hurry at all.

Island mist contest

GOT IT BOTTLED NOW HAVE TO SEE HOW BAD THE SNOW IS TO GET IT TO THE CARRIER,WIL TRY TODAY.........:d

Oh no. That is terrible. Not only because the wine is wasted but the cost to ship another bottle is ridiculous.

I got Richard's and Lori's safe and sound before the snow.

We are on Blizzard/Broken Bottle Delay! Things happen! Take your time, folks. We are in no hurry, here.

Thanks Rob!

Just wondering if I'm going to receive a replacement from Lori. The box smelled delicious.

Having extra time would help me immensely. Between all the hoops one must jump to be in the Habitat program, weekly classes, financial counselling, and volunteer hours, not to mention kids, family, 3 funerals in 2 weeks, and mentoring a few ladies on couponing, I haven't had time to breathe. We've been so busy, neither me or the hubby has had lab time and had to buy retail wine and beer... FOR SHAME!

Just wondering if I'm going to receive a replacement from Lori. The box smelled delicious.

Oh man! So sorry about that. I was pretty sure it was well wrapped. Diaper and all. I'll send another one in a week or so. Happy to have extra time.

I bet his was all in one piece. :D

Has there been a new date scheduled? And, is there any judging on the label or container? I am seriously considering sending my replacement in a Blasani flask. They are unbreakable and very light weight and reusable.

Just a thought.

I bet his was all in one piece. :D

Has there been a new date scheduled? And, is there any judging on the label or container? I am seriously considering sending my replacement in a Blasani flask. They are unbreakable and very light weight and reusable.

Just a thought.

No new date yet. I thought about contacting Dave about judging labels also, but all wines I've received so far are without labels. So, probably no label judging. The container won't matter to me either.

I should have kept better track of who dropped out. In October, we had the following people committed (I know some have surrendered). I've got four wines sent to me. Is there more still coming, except for Lori's replacement? Or is that all we got this time? It's not going to make for much of a tasting "event". I was definately hoping for more. :hug

@jojabri
@RotGut76
@chasemandingo
@Mogwai913
@calvin
@joeswine
@richmke
@chasemandingo
@Rodnboro
@drumlinridgewinery
@LoneStarLori

I only have 3. I was expecting at least 3 or 4 more.

Latest posts

Back