WINTER WONDERLAND

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean he didn't have it cooked for you already when you got home? Come on there Poor Bert, Cook the Princess a meal fit for royalty! I'm sure he was looking out for your safety. Sometimes the roads just aren't safe in a snowstorm, especially after dark.

Yeah, and he didn't have my driveway cleared of snow, either! The Princess had to sweep and shovel snow out of her garage after she drove her carriage in so that the garage door would shut and not allow more snow in!
smiley19.gif
Poor me!
smiley2.gif

PWP...glad you made it home safely. Was thinking about you as we battled those roads trying to get home...All the radio had on was school closings and cancellations of events. You couldn't see the edges of the road, all you knew was the snow was deeper there and it would try to drag you over the edge into the ditches....Now the wind is blowing and drifting like crazy...so, it is a good thing you left work before dark...Good Plan!!!
smiley20.gif

Thanks guys...we love our porch...take all our meals out there ...it's like sitting outdoors...but, with the comforts of home. Just a humble farmhouse for two simple farmers.
smiley2.gif

You have a Greenhouse too???????? You've never mentioned the greenhouse. You've always just talked about the plants started or overwintered in the basement.

I agree with Wade, you have a beautiful home there, inside and out, and a wonderful life, you have truly been blessed.

Jobe, I think she was hiding the greenhouse from you so as not to rub it in any more!

Jobe...that's not much of a greenhouse...maybe 8'X12'...not heated...But I love it. Grow stuff under lights till the 3rd week of April..then put my babies out there...with heat lamps and a few sleepless nights...Got to always check on cold nights that the lights are still on and go out first daylight to check on things....one day I may loose some babies out there....Have been lucky.

I do feel blessed...mostly because I have a loving sweetheart of 34+ years and now have good health...it doesn't get any better than that.

I read that itu\s so cold in Very Nothern Minnesota . And Wisconsin that--I quote

"It's soo cold, I just seen a lawyer with his hands in his OWN pockets!"
Edited by: scotty

Northern Winos said:
I do feel blessed...mostly because I have a loving sweetheart of 34+ years and now have good health...it doesn't get any better than that.

Amen to that.......

I sometimes forget what my wife means to me, but then I think of her........ and it all comes flooding back, butterflies and all............ No better feeling on earth.

We haven't got rid of the ice from this stormlast Saturday.

100_1377.jpg

Now we are getting this today.

100_1403.jpg

Same stuff happening up here on de-tundra....Can't see across the feild.

Jim has pushed the yard up twice this week...
smiley7.gif

We can probably see about 300 yards. That is just across this small field here. We couldn't push the last one it was ice. It did warm up enough yesterday afternoon thatI could scrape some of the ice off of the driveway. I couldn't get it off of the sidewalk or all of the driveway.That should make it fun to blow this batch. I didn't get the snow fence up this year. So we'll probably get bombarded with snow this winter.

Hi All,

Enjoying your winter stories. I'm in Virginia and have the pleasure of seeing snow while I am here. Flurries and Blustery but no accumulation. I will have something "snow white" to show you when I get home though.

Just wanted to check in and let you know that even though I'm on vacation I'm thinking of you all !! Ramona

Ramona hope you are having a great vacation.
Here is picture from last winter but thought you might enjoy it.

100_0923-1.jpg

A hen pheasant at the bird feeder.

You "wondered" out there in "awe" of Nature's beauty.
smiley1.gif

Beautiful pictures. thanks for sharing~

Ramona, here are is some AZ snow for you. It was our "snow day" one day last Jan.

20071207_054311_waterfountain01.JPG

That's a pretty snow there in AZ! This morning we're at -24. We're supposed to get up to -2 later today!
smiley32.gif
I think I'll just stay inside all day today. I'm sure I can find enough to do that I won't have to go out.
smiley36.gif

It's started back up here again today. We're supposed to get another 2 to 5 inches. Well it's begaining to look a lot like Christmas. It looks like it is going to be a good day to make some jerky.

Hey Joan, how much snow did you get this past Sunday/Monday? I talked to my brother that lives out in your neck of the woods. Last Saturday when I spoke with him he said they were expecting rain,freezing rain and sleet all day Sunday. Well I guess that never happened much and they ended up with 17 inches of snow! I hope you didn't get that much! It keeps snowing every day, but only a dusting to an inch and it keeps settling so we only have about 4-6 inches on the ground. Good insulation for the vines roots.

Looks like we will be getting our first real snow of the Winter with 3-6 inches tomorrow and a potential of a big Nor'Easter on Sunday.

It is good news for Mangenius and the Rats since the weathershould keep the Greatriots from scoring more than 50 points in Foxboro!
smiley4.gif

Well, here it is a balmy 73 degrees this morning and very humid. Just seens all wrong this time of year. But here is what I wanted to show you all...... enjoy!!!! Ramona

20071212_083454_squirrel.jpg

Latest posts

Back