WINTER WONDERLAND

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tease us? Why if we didnt just love it we would all move there!
smiley36.gif

OK Bovinewines, why don't you Mooove up north and enjoy the weather with the rest of us. When the sky starts to turn dark, it graze up. You are nice and warm down there and we need to put on the calfskin gloves to stay warm. I bet you like those shorts when it's warm out and all the guys think you look udderly fantastic in them. I better stop milking this bovine thing here. I bet it's not the first time you have herd such nonsense before.

Mooooved up here from Delavan Wi. Have you taught everyone over there to pronounce Oconomowoc?

Northern Winos said:
Appleman...I feel your pain...get that tractor running...
I took me a day and a half of freezing my fingers and trying combinations of starters and solenoids and batteries, but I got it running just before noon today. I had to keep doing it in small increments because my fingers don't take the cold after being sewed back together a few years ago. My newer starter turns freely by hand but won't spin over under power.
smiley5.gif
The old starter that drags horribly, once freed with a screwdriver, and the old solenoid put back on with the new battery and booster started the tractor.
smiley5.gif
smiley4.gif
Now if it will do that after it snows I will be OK.
smiley20.gif

Hope you guys don't get too much snow...
Storm is over up here...Got about 8" of fluffy stuff.....Sweetheart plugged in the tractor this morning and is now going out to clear the yard...Township snowplow/grader came in and did the 1/4 mile driveway during the night....

Life is Good!!!

Nice sunset! I just sent it to a friend in Australia. Like Waldo says, It's already tomorrow in Australia! She's at work!
smiley36.gif

Missed the sunset, it was already gone when I got off work, but oh boy I caught the nice cold wind!
smiley36.gif
Good thing winter is still 20 days away!

Appleman, be sure an check your Battery cables...you seem to have a lot of power loss....the ground end to the frame or engine too. Can be other things, but some time those simple things can be overlooked....Good Luck.

smiley36.gif

ROFL! You are a punny man Apple!

Actually I do love the snow...I just prefer it without a layer of black ice which is typically all we ever get down this direction!

Ya'll bundle up up there...and send more pics!

We sure lucked out here! I should take up being a weatherman. I seem to be able to predict the weather better than the weathermen. Last Thursday when they were predicting this big storm I told Cindy it looked like a 2-4 inch snowstorm coming. The weathermen were saying it could be a big one. They kept saying 8-12 inches here, more in the mountains. It still looked like a 2-4 inch storm to me. Well we got the snow and it has quit- total snowless than 4 inches! They can't seem to watch patterns of the storms anymore, relying on the computer models.

At least I got the tractor so it will start- but it looks like I need a new starter. The old one is worn out and dragging-that's why I replaced it less than two years ago. But at least it turns over some!

wade said:
Appleman, can you give me a 5 day forecast?
3_2_125.gif

Sure Wade,
For the next 5 days it will be partly cloudy, partly sunny. Chance of flurries or light rain. Highs between 28 and 60, lows between 15 and 40. 50 percent chance of a full lunar eclipse.

Horrible weather today...from 6-9 inches of new snow....
smiley18.gif

We both had early morning doctors appointments...just the usual annual thing...but you have to go or they won't renew your perscriptions...What a racket. so we headed out in the 4X4 diesel...while we were in town filled it up with winter blend fuel...
smiley18.gif

Was horrible road conditions...even the UPS guy was in the ditch...hope he didn't have his shorts on. We were surprised all the snow in the yard when we finally got home...

Deep snow...just ask 'the guys'..

poorguySmall.jpg
stfSmall.jpg

Hard getting out to the greenhouse....

deepSmall.jpg

This winter is starting out rough...after hardly having any snow last year we sure are spoiled...All this snow is good insulation for the perennial plants...Bad for making ice on the lakes...the lakes are flooding from the weight of the snow...
smiley18.gif

So...yes...it's beginning to look like Chrsitams...
wreath2Small.jpg
xmasSmall.jpg

Yes...The weather outside is frightful...But..inside it is delightful....

frightfulSmall.jpg

Life is Good!!!

NW, that dining area sure looks really nice. You have quite the residence there. Every corner you show of your house or yard reveals beauty.

Now you are looking like Minnesota over there NW! Maybe these heavier snows will usher in more normal spring and summer rains for you there. I agree, things there look great from every angle inside and out!

I was out the door from work about 3:15 today, I normally work till 5:30. Mean old Bert told me if I was going to come home tonight I had to do it all in day light. I think he just wanted me to cook supper for him!
smiley2.gif

Back