WineMaker magazine label award

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Drunken Friar Cellars
Reaction score
Ramona, did I see one of your labels taking a bronze award in the current issue of WineMaker? Edited by: Rule G

Fantastic!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Ramona!!! I'm so glad you entered!!!

Wow !!!!, I haven't heard anything from Winemaker and I really kind of forgot about entering back in August. Thanks Joan for alerting me to Rule G's post. I know there must be so many entries and I'm thrilled to have placed !! But Joan,,,,,you better see if you are GOLD or SILVER.
smiley10.gif
............Ramona
smiley17.gif

Is someone going to post the label or do we have to beg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade,
I don't know which one it is. And I better be sure it is me whowon,but it sounds like it.
smiley27.gif
When I know I will post it.
smiley20.gif

Ramona

It's the Zebra label. I only had a chance to glance at the new issue while I was home for lunch.

I was able to look again after work and it's a 2007 South African Chenin Blanc label. Looks like you won some good swag Ramona!

Our own Joan, of Fish Farms Winery fame, took an honorable mention with her 2006 Frontenac label. Congratulations Joan!

Why doesn't this surprise me?

These 2 Gals are the most talented I have ever seen when it comes to their label making abilities.

My hats off to both of you........

Congratulations
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Wow!!! How cool is that???
smiley4.gif
Rule, how far down the list is my label?

Thank you everyone.

I did two SA Chenin Blanc Labels with Zebras. I'm curious as to which they choose?

Ramona

Joan said:
Wow!!! How cool is that???
smiley4.gif
Rule, how far down the list is my label?

Joan, there is no "list" but the honorable mentions take up two pages. The pages feature 9 labels on each page and were awarded gift certificates. The final two pages were the "Editor's Choice" awards and won no prizes. Your label was on the second page and it looks like you won a gift certificate from Quality Wine and Ale Supply.

rgecaprock said:
Thank you everyone.

I did two SA Chenin Blanc Labels with Zebras. I'm curious as to which they choose?

Ramona

Ramona, the label is a 2007 Chenin Blanc with a red border. There is a red zebra facing away and situated between two normally colored zebras, the first of which is looking back toward the viewer. Is that close enough to know which won?

Cooler still!!! Thanks Rule!

And Jobe, you may want to have Ramona make your labels from now on! She's REALLLY good!
smiley4.gif

Okay Girls...show us your stuff. Both of you....Please.... Post the winners so we don't have to wait.

Are those swollen heads from winning something in the contest or did you gals get in a drinking contest again? Seriously, congratulations to both of you and any others that won that we know here on the forum. There is no lack of talent here!

I'm celebrating right now...only with some Sauvignon Blanc!!
Joan, Post yours too!!

Ramona

Back