Wine Rack Project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
I finally got around to building a wine rack to store my finished products. Started pulling the bottles out of cardboard boxes and look what I ended up with.

20100918_162924_DSCN4522-1_Smal.jpg

20100918_163001_DSCN4530-1_Smal.jpg

Guess what...I still have 58 gallons at different stages of aging. Looks like I'm gonna need another wine rack.

BOB

Bob, that looks awesome!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Very nice job and I see you have it anchored to the wall on top also. Just a question on your next one, would you benefit by tacking a sheet of paneling to the back of it to help prevent it from racking left or right. Maybe with all the cross pieces in it its already quiet stiff. Again awesome job!

Beautiful job Bob!
smiley20.gif

That's the problem with this little obsession. We seem to keep filling up our racks faster than we can make them or put one together!

Looks great Bob...very nice job.....but you'll just have to build more....just no end to this hobby...
smiley36.gif

Very nice!

I was going to suggest that for support you put a leg below the bottom shelf, so it doesn't bow. I'm not a structural engineer, but it later occurred to me that because of the diamonds, much of the weight is transferred out to the sides of the rack, not onto the bottom shelf.

Really a nice piece of furniture.

Latest posts

Back