Wine press finally finished & ready....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you keep the juice from running out with it mounted on the wall like that. :h

Looks really nice.

Edit: Aw shucks, you fixed it.

Last edited:
It's NOT mounted to the wall. My wife likes it sooooo much she wants to store it in the hallway to the Winery, NOT in the Winery, (which is a mess) SOMETIMES! Roy. Edit juice runs out thru a hole in which I glued a 1.25 inch lav drain tail piece

Last edited:
It's NOT mounted to the wall. My wife likes it sooooo much she wants to store it in the hallway to the Winery, NOT in the Winery, (which is a mess) SOMETIMES! Roy. Edit juice runs out thru a hole in which I glued a 1.25 inch lav drain tail piece

I was just making a joke because the picture is sideways on my computer, I like it.

Nice! Some stains will add character and bring it to life long live the new press!:b

Hey Roy, maybe I come by in December, I will be spending the last week at my brother's in Cape Coral [emoji41]

Thanks for the offer, appreciated.
I'd be interested to see your wine operation down there as we are planing to move to FL next year if things go as planned.

Very nice work on the press, Roy. Can you tell us what the joint is that holds the upper cross member? It appears to be either a mortise and tenon or a lap joint. With the vertical forces that piece will see when the screw is turned, you may want to consider a few bolts through the joint. Just a suggestion.

Rocky, they are all lap joints, screwed, glued & clamped for 24 hrs. What U don't see is over 100 SS screws, 2.25 " long, countersunk etc. I put some shorter ones I nto blind joints, the others "show" on the back side. You all are seeing the pretty SHOW side. I have full faith it will hold together. Roy

Rocky, they are all lap joints, screwed, glued & clamped for 24 hrs. What U don't see is over 100 SS screws, 2.25 " long, countersunk etc. I put some shorter ones I nto blind joints, the others "show" on the back side. You all are seeing the pretty SHOW side. I have full faith it will hold together. Roy

Great, Roy. I should have realized you would have thought of that.

Back