Wine Pairing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is too good and I had to share it. Last night I enjoyed a nice steak I cooked on the grill with some Chilean Malbec. It was very good.

Well then later on as I was checking out the forum I was eating a Mint Chocolate Chip Klondike with the Malbec. Believe it or not they went really well together.

Sounds good. I'm amazed sometimes when I'm finishing my wine and dessert is on the table, at just how well red wine can go with sweets.

Try a Lindt's hazelnut dark chocolate with a white wine.

Chocolate and red wine are always a good pairing. One of my favorites is fudge and Zinfandel Port.

Red wine and milk chocolate is ok, but Semi-sweet chocolate an a bold red wine is superb! I think that Klondike bars use semi-sweet chocolate which explains why they go so well together.

Hello, Everything taste good with red wine. Red wine and chocolate are always a good pairing. You can also try chocolate with white wine.

Last edited:
One trick I learned (from a CIA graduate) is to serve the exact same wine that you use to create a dish.

I made a lamb stew using my 2012 cabernet, and wouldn't you know it, it went superbly with my 2012 cabernet!

I am with you on that Elmer, but I am not wild about it with my Cherrios.

What I said further above, get a red wine and take a good taste of it. Then, take a bit of Gorgonzola (or Roquefort) and take a taste of the same wine. I bet you will like the second one much more.

Back