Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PolishWineP said:
The label is courtesy of George. Notice how he used a picture of Bert and me on the label?
smiley2.gif

That's not quite how I pictured you two. It's midnight and that potato salad is making my stomach growl.

I must Have missed that episode. I too like Bobby Flay and his cooking style.

That sandwich looks great! out of 7 TV's in this house (which most are on 24/7), you will find the food network on one of them at any given time.

PWP did you make that relsih on the sandwitch. Whats in it? Sure looks yummy !!

Waldo, It's olives, olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar, celery, pickled cauliflower, peppers & cukes, minced garlic & pickled mild peppers. We used a combo of cheap salad (chopped) olives with pamento (sp) and good olives that we had to chop after cutting off of the pit.

We're back to Saturday night dinners. Farming is about done for the year and we'll be around a bit more now, and cooking. Plus, I've got all sorts of wines that I brought home from WineStock.
Tonight we opened 2 wines that were gifted to me in Dallas. We started with Ramona's Green Tea and Ginger. It is certainly one of those wines that is enhanced by food. We served it slightly chilled, and it's a nice wine that is light without being flat. The honey color is georgous! See for yourself!
20071020_175112_gold.jpg

The wine left a nice after taste and mouth and is great with guacamole. It is neither sweet nor dry, and went quite well with our nosh.
We felt that we had dinner with friends and family without having anyone else at our table. We had Ramona's wine, dishes from my mother, paternal grandmother, aunt, friend's mother and friend. A Prairie Home Companion was on in the background. We had seasoned pecans, habanero jelly and Genuwine Arkansaw Musky-Dine Jelly from Waldo.
20071020_175813_gen_u_wine.jpg

Wooo dogie! We lived high on the hog tonight. We didn't have beautiful sea scallops or fresh lobsters, but we did have smoked oysters, hummus, guacamole, crackers, pitas, cashews, Waldo's gifts, baked brie, apples and Swiss cheese. A great nosh.
20071020_180544_nosh.jpg

We also had Bill B's Blackberry wine. Bert said it's like a berry pie without the crust. I don't care for crust so that's just fine with me!
smiley36.gif
The color, smell, mouth and flavor all work together providing dessert in a glass.
20071020_180833_deep_purple.jpg

Ramona and Bill, we raise our glasses to you and thank you for providing us a couple of wonderful wines to go with our dinner.
smiley32.gif

20071020_181021_gbwines.jpg

Any time that you want to come north and break bread with us, our table is open to you!

Thanks PWP but I sense a flood coming down from Arkansas, possibly from Waldos mouth. I guess I better get my raft ut!
7_3_101v.gif

PWP,

That is quite the interesting spread you have going there. I'm glad you enjoyed that Green Tea Ginger although I thought it needed something..maybe a little more sweetness as Bill B convinced me of
smiley2.gif
during The Experiment
smiley2.gif
. I'm glad we could join you for dinner if only in spirit . I love your wine of the week, PWP. Keep posting it!! Ramona

If you make it sweeter you may bring out a bit more flavor, but I wouldn't take it much sweeter. Bert says the wine is very comfortable the way it is. Maybe a bit more ginger when you start the wine, but we both enjoyed it with the food we had.

PWP, also glad I could join you for dinner. Thanks again
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">Bill

Wine of the week has been consumed alone. Bert is still out hunting so I can drink and eat what I want without consideration of anyone else's tastes. Or the cost of buying enough for two!
smiley36.gif

Tonight I popped the topon a bottle of Australian Chardonnay. It's a light wine with a pleasing after taste. Not much mouth to it.
20071117_180819_Auwine.jpg

I had a nice dinner. Sea scallops cooked first in a little of the wine, then in olive oil and garlic. I also had some shrimp in a pad thai boxed dinner. (Shrimp didn't come from the box.) It was a nice meal and it was served with a British murder mystery.
20071117_181119_Pad_002.jpg

Yup. If I had to wait for Bert to come home so I could have a glass of wine then I'd go weeks in the fall without the fruit of the vine touching my lips.

I never drink alone...the cat is always with me! (and in some instances...he tries to join me...must be the glycerol in the glass that attracts him so!)
smiley36.gif

Edited by: bovinewines

WHERE IS HIS REMOTE CONTROL WADE !!!!!
smiley36.gif

Greatlooking meal PWP....I like anything with seafood in it.

There is absolutly nothing wrong with drinking and dining with four legged companions. (Not that anyone here would ever say that). Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Farming, hunting, deployment. Here is my pal that kept me company for four months while my significant other was gone. (Any excuse to show off my kitty is a good one!)

20071118_024927_Photo0077.jpg
20071118_024949_jackforce.jpg

So in the first picture, you caught it washing it's hands. Can the kitty flush by itself? In the second one he's ready to re-deploy! Cute pictures Leinie.

Latest posts

Back