Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And What, Oh, never mind!
smiley9.gif
PWP, youve outdone yourself as usual!

masta said:
We have a special dinner planned for Valentines Day so I will have to take some pictures to share.

Beef Tenderloin...shrimp..mushrooms....and...
What time? We'll be there!
smiley2.gif

Wednesday at 5:30ish....be careful since it looks like we might be getting our first substantial snowfall of the winter.

masta said:
I just ate and that makes me want a bite...great looking food and pictures as always PWP...Thanks !

We have a special dinner planned for Valentines Day so I will have to take some pictures to share.

Beef Tenderloin...shrimp..mushrooms....and...

Masta, be sure to turn the camera off before you get to........and..

PWP, that pie looks delicious, mincemeat is my favorite.
Dave

The PWP didn't even have to cook the meal for Wine of the Week this week!
smiley32.gif
I coached one of our foster sons in the making of lasagna. He did really well and will probably be able to do it on his own next time.
20070218_172228_Cooking.jpg

We served a WE Select Chiliean Merlot with the lasagna. (No, the kids don't get any wine.)
I can really taste the oak flavor, and it has a nice mouth to it. Bert says, "A year in the bottle has certainly put some flavor into the wine."
The PWP says, "I won't have any trouble finishing it up tonight!"
20070218_172631_Pan.jpg

The guys really did a number on the pan. I hope that no one is still hungry!
smiley36.gif

20070218_172727_Lasagne_009.jpg

Thats funny pwp, my better half made lasagna tonight to but
experimented with it as she was tired of the same ole thing. She made
it without meat and more like a brushetta with the tomatoe on top and
grapeseed oil sprayed on it. Do any of you use grapeseed oil for
cooking. We bought some at a wine tasting early last year and now that
is all we use. Its better for you and tastes better than any olive oil
in my opinion! The lasagna was great!

Great job on the lasagna, "Son"!! I imagine you have to increase the portions with the guys around, PWP. We are headed out the door right now to SaltGrass Steakhouse for dinner. My kitchen is a mess. 2 primaries in there perking away and also have been messing with my plants all weekend getting them watered and fertilized for spring. Not in the mood to cook.

Ramona

MMmmmmm!!! I didn't have to cook dinner again! Yes!
smiley32.gif

20070225_173530_Stirring.jpg

Tonight one of the foster kids made chorizo with fried potatoes, eggs and cheese. Oh man! It smelled good and tasted great!
The adults got to drink Apple Raisin Allspice wine. Made by Bert. The wine has a firm spice smell to it, with a touch of apple in the taste. The spice of the meat brought out flavors otherwise hidden.

20070225_174732_Chorizo_013_2.jpg

I did bake a cake today, a butter cake with a hint of strawberry in it, and strawberry frosting. I thought the boys could use a little treat since I had them do some icky chores today, and they did them without complaint. (cleaning behind appliances, cabinets, etc.
smiley11.gif
) I was in there with them for part of it, but I was glad to see these things get done. Poor Bert was off working on another wine rack.
20070225_175055_cake.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Monday tomorrow!

PWP, Both the chorizo and the cake look awsome. That wine must have been perfect with the spicy sausage!!! Would be good on a cold snowy day!!!
Nice to have some helpers there!!

Love it!! Rammona

I don't want to horn in on PWP's Wine of the Week thread, but since this is her wine (sorry PWP couldn't wait), I wanted to show you what we enjoyed it with for dinner tonight. I will have to get the details from her...it is an awsome wine, perfectly tannic and trying to determine if it was oaked. Very rich mouthfeel, fruity and lingering. I will have to make this kit!!. She wanted me to wait for it to age but couldn't resist......this young!!!.............it is already a special wine!! Thank you PWP!!!!

Menu

Sirloin Burgers on Onion Buns with Provolone and Swiss Cheese, sauteed Mushroom,Onions and Bacon.

PintoBeanswithPecanSmoked Texas Hill Country Sausage.

Crispy Steak Fries.

And for desert, Chocolate Fudge Almond Crepes with Whipped Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Toasted Almond Slivers.

20070304_171509_100_0717_Small.jpg

Desert:

20070304_172445_100_0718_Small.jpg

Fantastic Wine...PwP!!! Ramona

PWP, we need to know what wine she served! Dinner looks GOOOOOOOOD!
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back