Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PWP, I really enjoy seeing the meals you make and what wine you serve with it.Just hearing the words "meat loaf"always makesme think of my moms, rest her soul.

Dave

Back when I had my Boy Scout troop I had a bunch that could make a dutch oven meatloaf that would make any mother proud. It is still one of my favorite dishes. Yours looked yummy PWP !!

I love a good meatloaf, nothing better. Unfortunately, my wife has turned me off from it.................. God Bless her she tries and does very good at most all she tries, but she just can not do the meatloaf thing
smiley19.gif

And why is it that before I started making wine, I always (well, twice a year) drank Merlot. Now that I can make all I want (up to the 200 gallon annual limit of course
smiley9.gif
) I drink, and like mostley off dry whites?

Not even close...............
But I'm going to keep trying. How would that break down for the year?

200 gallons / 52 weeks = 3.85 gallons per week

Seems do-able.

New Goal..................

86 gals last year and I had a late start and a financial problem which
is still ongoing for another two months top, then look out!

Ok
smiley1.gif

200 gallons/6 gallons per kit = = 33 kits (that gets you to 198 gallons)
33 kits is one every 11 days.
That means you only need one primary.
You'll need a minimum of 3 carboys, but if you are bulk aging for six months you'll need 21 carboys.
You'll have to find space for 700 bottles (assuming you drink one bottle day).
You'll be cleaning and sanitizing an average 3.17 bottles per day assuming that you don't work on Sundays.

you'll have a lot of friends!!

I know a guy
smiley2.gif
who's production over the past few years look like this. But the good news is that in the years he went over 200 galsthe excess was made for friends.
smiley4.gif

2002 - 18 gals wine
2003 - 65 gals Beer +132 gals Wine = 197 total gals
2004 - 65 gals Beer +153 gals Wine = 218 total gals
2005 - 30 gals Beer +180 gals Wine + 13 gals Mead = 223 total gals
2006 - 53 gals Beer +114 gals Wine + 27 gals Mead = 194 total gals

I know a guy who has 63 gallons going so far this year so he's on a pretty good track to break 200. I think it only counts if you have more than 200 gallons on hand at any one time?
smiley17.gif
maybe?

aaaAAAHHHHH.............

The benifits of being a poor record and note keeper........................

How do you statr this year, with wines still going from last year or ones just started in Jan.

Scott...3:03 am? Oh my goodnesss...how do you think at that time
of the morning...you are all way too out of my play. I am
entirely impressed!

Who can sleep when there is wine to make and my peeps need their questions answered!
smiley4.gif

You do know that Masta is not really a person. He is an automated forum answering machine that runs 24-7!
smiley36.gif

Tonight's dinner was one of LeiniePrincess's favorites. Poppy Seed Chicken over Egg Noodles and Spinach. I found a really good Italian Seasoning bread at or local grocery. MMmmm....

20070211_180653_chicken.jpg

We served dinner with a WE Reserve Riesling. This wine has become a real work horse around here. I love this stuff!
We even had dessert tonight!
20070211_180824_Pie_001.jpg

The dessert wine is our Choke Cherry Dessert Style wine. 8 pounds of choke cherries per gallon. Oh man! I can just imagine 10 pounds to the gallon and a shot of brandy in each bottle!
smiley36.gif

20070211_181009_dessert.jpg

I haven't had mincemeat in years! I have 1 jar left and the next time I make a pie with it I'm going to stir in some wine or brandy. It's missing something.

I just ate and that makes me want a bite...great looking food and pictures as always PWP...Thanks !

We have a special dinner planned for Valentines Day so I will have to take some pictures to share.

Beef Tenderloin...shrimp..mushrooms....and...

Latest posts

Back