Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Ramona..I would have had to throw me a couple of jalapenos on top of that burger though. Got me drooling !!

Ramona that sure looks good, But just looking at made my blood sugar go up 20 points
smiley6.gif

Harry

The sight of that food made me so hungry...being on a 'diet' sucks.....We went to the city today and did lunch at Red Lobster....We feel much better now....will 'diet' again tomorrow.

I love Red Lobster.I had a grilled Monk fish there that was to die for!
smiley17.gif

Here I am thinking of slim fast for tonight and you awfull people start with the delicious looking food.
Its 7 am here and im digetsing my stomach liner
smiley5.gif
mmmmm chorizzo-- mmmm burgers on onion buns...

YAAAAAAAAAA im going to eat the krybord in a second
smiley36.gif

OMG! You are super woman! Not only will it taste delish but
it is sooooo beautiful. You are an artist in everything you do.

Tonight we celebrated our foster son's desire to use some of his glasses for dinner tonight. We will celebrate anything!
smiley36.gif

The glasses are quite retro so we went retro with dinner. We started with shrimp cocktail, with the sauce in the bottom of the glass. No double dipping!
20070506_170833_Shrimp.jpg

The other retro meal item was chicken with rice in Campbell's Cream of Hotdish soup. I couldn't do all retro though, and had to marinate it first in Jamaican Jerk Sauce.
20070506_171032_Chicken.jpg

Bert and I had Australian Riverland Reserve (Aussie River in our house) with it, and the foster son had sparkling grape juice. It was a great meal and everyone here ate well.
smiley4.gif

Looks good and reminds me that Im hungry as Ive been working all day in the basement and just came up for the night.

Did the shrimp cocktail attack you and make you sing and dance to "Day-O"?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUqtC1oiztw[/ame]

Today I decided I needed a nap and sat with cat on lap in the recliner while watching The Barefoot Contessa on The Food Network. She made a yummy looking potato salad as I drifted off to sleep and I thought I should try it. It's not only a great potato salad recipe, it's also what we had for dinner tonight. Menu was, Potato Salad, chilled boiled eggs and salad shrimp with cocktail sauce, all served on a bed of lettuce from our garden. Mmm.... And, it was served with Domaine Des Brumes, an excellent red wine. The wine is solid enough that it stood up to the cocktail sauce and the boiled eggs. Link to potato salad recipe at bottom of post.

20070630_172236_Tater_Salad.jpg

The label is courtesy of George. Notice how he used a picture of Bert and me on the label?
smiley2.gif

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34632,00.html

Edited by: PolishWineP

That looks good PWP. We are having a little family over tomorrow for an
early 4th party and my wife made a kick-ass macaroni salad with grilled
red peppers in it and shrimp and a pesto sauce. That will accompany
T-bone steaks, corn on the cob on the grill and baked potatoes on the
grill.

Dang Wade! I'm working the wrong job! What time is dinner? Of course, this is between you and me, and maybe Bert. I'm sure that no one else on the forum would show up. Makes all that sweating worth the while!
smiley36.gif

Once again the Food Network has inspired a meal for us. Ramona reminded me to post but the weekend meals didn't work out as originally planned with all we had going on here, so Monday is Wine of the Week day.
Bert and I watched Bobby Flay Throw Down (don't you just love Bobby?!)last night against 2 brothers in New Orleans. Muffaletta was the subject and after going to 2 different grocery stores today I got all the ingredients I needed. Well worth the effort. Bert was in charge of wine selection, and since there was a good deal of cheese in the sandwiches, the Carl Sittman Riesling was just the thing to complient the meal. MMmmmm...
20070827_175448_Muffaletta_002.jpg

Thanks for the fix PWP! Simple and delish and right to the point. I like to watch when he's gilling.

Edited by: wade

Back