WINE LABELING HOLDER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Anyone besides me get their labels on crooked???

I seem to always get some on crooked, can straiten them out if you catch them right away....And, sometimes I haven't even been drinking....

Saw this holder in the last issue of Wine Makers Magazine....It's so simple...wonder if it would help???

holder.jpg

withbottle.jpg

I think I could even build this...and if it doesn't work can use it for kindling to start the fire...

Don't know if it is just my machine, but all I see are the blank boxes with little red "x" in them.

Smurfe

Geez...I hate that!!! Don't know what to try...will make sure the image had the right format...

Hehe I don't even see the little red x's! =)

I did see that in the mag, NW and loved it too! I think it will make a good project I can do too. I already have the rubbery stuff--I bought some to put under my foot pedal for my sewing machine. It likes to slide across my hardwood floors and It's hard to chase! =)

I don't usually have a problem with putting labels on tho. I've been using one of those rubber-backed mouse pads with the rubber side up. I lay the bottle on it and push the neck end up until it hits my toaster (hehe) and that secures it in place. If I get one a bit crooked, I'm able to peel off the repositionable labels easily.

Joan said:
Hehe I don't even see the little red x's! =)I did see that in the mag, NW and loved it too! I think it will make a good project I can do too. I already have the rubbery stuff--I bought some to put under my foot pedal for my sewing machine. It likes to slide across my hardwood floors and It's hard to chase! =) I don't usually have a problem with putting labels on tho. I've been using one of those rubber-backed mouse pads with the rubber side up. I lay the bottle on it and push the neck end up until it hits my toaster (hehe) and that secures it in place. If I get one a bit crooked, I'm able to peel off the repositionable labels easily.

Joan...did the pictures show up on the Post through your computer???

Looks like PhotoBucket changed the properties of the photos from BMP to JPG...I think that is a good thing..

holder.jpg

withbottle.jpg

I hate those dreaded RED 'X's'</font>

If you use silver nails and put a magnet at the top of each runner and a piece of meterorite at the bottom of each runner it will age your wines wonderfully as you apply the labels to them. If you swap out positions with one magnet and one meterorite it will change a red wine to a white or vice versa

Is this article in this months issue? I haven't had a chance to read it yet and it actually came to me ON TIME! I guess I am so used to reading everything a month after everyone else I can't bring myself to read the magazine.
smiley36.gif
This is the first issue in 2 years that has arrived in my mailbox on time.

Smurfe

Waldo said:
If you use silver nails and put a magnet at the top of each runner and a piece of meterorite at the bottom of each runner it will age your wines wonderfully as you apply the labels to them. If you swap out positions with one magnet and one meterorite it will change a red wine to a white or vice versa

Isn't science great!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Fly boy

I tried this before when someoe suggested it. It didn't really help get the labels on straight, as much as it kept them placed at the same heigth on the bottle. Or maybe I drank to much wine at bottling which is why they were crooked...... I forgot.

Remember, though, that that meteorite must contain a high percentage of kryptonite to be effective.

Dang, I missed that part PeterZ which could possibly account for the reason my wine turned into prune juice. I was concerned that I had developed the dreaded "Currant Curse"Edited by: Waldo

Waldo said:

I have to take more notes
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
Dang, I missed that part PeterZ which could possibly account for the reason my wine turned into prune juice. I was concerned that I had developed the dreaded "Currant Curse"

So is this why you're such a regular guy, Waldo?
smiley4.gif

Yes, NW, I can see the pictures now!!

I want one of those bottle holder thingies!!!

Geez I lose my Internet connection for a day or two and look at what I miss. Such an Earth shattering discovery as reported by Waldo and confrimed by PeterZ(so you know it's gotta be true
smiley4.gif
).
smiley36.gif

That looks like a nifty bottle holder, but I fail to see how it aids in getting the label straight???

Well you see, you take the earths gravitational pull and the silver
nails plus the meteorite and it just sucks the label right out of your
hand hand and the 3 forces align it with negative and positive pulls. I
dont know whatb you were thinking! Get with the show already!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back