Wine in a Beer Bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCharles

Reaction score
:bI imagine all of you have friends and coworkers ask about tasting your wines. A formal wine tasting isn't always practical. I have some tiny wine bottles with screw caps that I fill up to share a taste with friends. Many of these are fruit wines that I keep chilled. I encourage prompt consumption along with a return request for the bottle.

I just started making my own beer. It's nothing to elaborate... a kit beer. Anyway, I now have bottles and a capper. I'm wondering how well capping wine in a beer bottle would work.

That's actually a good question - is there any reason not to bottle wine in beer bottles? Individual serving for the on the go wine lover!

Yes, if you have not properly aged your wine it will not age anymore in a bottle with a closure that is not breathable.

I cap My skeeter pee. I have actually corked some beer bottles filled with wine, as splits are too expensive. Some people may not like the cap in contact with their wine, to circumvent this I have also corked and then capped the the bottle this make a very secure closure to a strong bottle that I am not afraid to ship. (Labeled as vinegar of course.:sn

Thanks all for the feedback. Wade, the link brought me to the Merlot Juice Bucket, but I searched the item number and found the caps.

I figure I'll give this a try as I approach bottling. I'm conidering this for my apple wine.

Best regards,
Paul

No matter how many times Mike (IBGlowin) tells me I still manage to screw up those stupid FVW links. I wish he (George) would just fix that freakin site already!!! :m

MHE%20%20689.preview.jpg

What about using something like this? I had an old retired brewer that gave me a couple cases and was wondering how the wine would do in these 16 ounce bottles....

These work great, I've been using them for years. No corks to buy and easily resealable. The biggest drawback is most only hold 16oz.

You can get new rubber gaskets for them too. Think the last ones I bought cost me 8 or 9 cents apiece for the gaskets. Arne.

Yes, if you have not properly aged your wine it will not age anymore in a bottle with a closure that is not breathable.

If that is the case, what about plastic corks, screw caps and Zorks, those all have plastic seals that don't breath.

Latest posts

Back