Wine for export

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james56

Junior
Reaction score
I am spirits producer and i need to know how to export wine to the countries of North America from Europe. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a forum about wine making. I don't think you'll find much help here regarding import/export of commercial products to the US. You need some serious legal assistance with that.

I agree with GreginND.

At the same time it is my understanding that most European producers find the easiest way to get wine into US markets is through distributors. These distributors should have the knowledge, government contacts as well as knowledge of the transportation infrastructure and marketing to get your product to market and be bought by American consumers.

Another option is to use a distributor to start with and over time, you could become your own distributor.

I believe that as vast, as the US market is, it is probably best to partner with a distributor long term. That way you can focus your time and energy on producing your spirits instead of the minutia of all the rules and regulations of labeling and customs, as well as the marketing and distribution of your product.

Latest posts

Back