Wine Exchange

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
In the sprit of the holidays would anyone like to take part in a wine exchange? I would love to but alas no wine is bottled
smiley19.gif
, but in the sprit of the season would exchange at least a bottle of $2 Chuck
smiley4.gif
Tomy
smiley32.gif
PS will post the rules when sign up is complete so no one will spend no more than Postage.Edited by: Tomy

What is yor preference in wines Tomy? I only have 1 red wine that is aged enough but I have plenty of fruit wines and a few whites.

#1 Tomy Lets all get signed up 1st. Sign up ends 11-20
#2 Wade
#3 David Clark
#4 Smurfe
#5 Scubaman
#6 Bovine
#7 Francie
#8 Joes wine
#9 jhawk
#10HarryEdited by: Tomy

Here goes that patience thing again! I have developed patience for making wine but while learning that I lost patience for just about everything else!
smiley4.gif

I would love to do this, but you are forgetting one huge detail. It is illegal to ship alcohol across state lines if you are not a licensed vendor. Trust me,I tired yesterday. Edited by: Scubaman2151

I believe it was Paul & John wrote "We can work it out" Not that Paul & John, theboys from Liverpool.
smiley1.gif
Edited by: Tomy

I would be interested. I found packing real well and putting nothing on outside of box but the addresses has worked best coming from a state that doesn't allow outside winery's to ship in state.

Wade, lockdude, jobe05, you guys in or out? 4 days to go and sign up will close.

Took my wife out to a nice place to eat last night, and decided I needed to expand my knowledge of wine by having a glass with my meal which was shrimp & pasta dish, so I ordered a $6 glass ofMerlot.The gal brought me out a glass of red wine, and as we chated a bit about wine, and my attempt at making wine she offered to save me wine bottles, andshe & her hubby also hada lot of grapes in the back of their house. So.. I now have two sources of grapes for the picking for next year. The bill was $37+ tip but darn well worth it, ah the wine about a 4 on a scale of 10.
Tomy
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Tomy

I always send fresh Juice.......... I think if they knowingly accept my juice, they should provide a method as to not have it start fermenting during shipment.

I know they don't......................

Thats why I try to protect them with the proper "Future" labeling and throw 12%ABV on there just in case they need it........ you know.......... because of their screw up on not protecting my juice...............

Tomy said:
Wade, lockdude, jobe05, you guys in or out? 4 days to go and sign up will close.

Took my wife out to a nice place to eat last night, and decided I needed to expand my knowledge of wine by having a glass with my meal which was shrimp & pasta dish, so I ordered a $6 glass ofMerlot.The gal brought me out a glass of red wine, and as we chated a bit about wine, and my attempt at making wine she offered to save me wine bottles, andshe & her hubby also hada lot of grapes in the back of their house. So.. I now have two sources of grapes for the picking for next year. The bill was $37+ tip but darn well worth it, ah the wine about a 4 on a scale of 10.
Tomy
smiley32.gif

Wish I could take the wife out and get away with a $37.00 bill. Our bar bill aloneis usually double that.
smiley36.gif
I am interested in your project. Add me to your list.
smiley2.gif

I gotta be out....... I spent over $150 on shipping in the past couple of weeks. Thats enough for me for a while, sorry.

$150, WOW!!!!!!!! Your a madman!!!!!!
smiley3.gif
smiley18.gif
7_15_5v.gif

Im in Tomy. To an extent.
Edited by: wade

wade said:
$150, WOW!!!!!!!! Your a madman!!!!!!
smiley3.gif
smiley18.gif
7_15_5v.gif

Im in Tomy. To an extent.

After the mishap I had shipping JW's box, I am now double boxing most all of my shipments. Joan's was most poorly packaged, but I ran out of package material.

I sent Wildridge, Waldo, JW and Joan some here on the forum, 3 family members, 2 in NY and one in Georgia. When I talked to mu cousin in GA., he said his father did nothing but talk about the one bottle of wine that I gave him a couple of years ago..... So my cousin said he boxed a bottle up from what I sent him and sent it to his father, as if it were coming from me........... Boy did I feel like a heel!
smiley19.gif
I forget to send my favorite uncle some wine............ sigh.......

So yesterday I did a huge box for him and shipped it off................... I not only felt bad that I forgot to send him any, I found out that because he is a retired Major, he gets a huge break on shipping, or anyone shipping him items, gets a huge break. His Huge box that weight close to 50 pounds cost a total of $12 to ship............. so not only can I ship him wine....... I can do it cheaply............ I have to do it more often.

Normally, each box cost between $15 to $24 to send, not including shipping material (From George) and a box (also from George)

i used to use the UPS Store and 1 day I went to Staples cause I needed to pick up some blank DVD's and disk labels and I had a package with me and said, why dont I just have them ship it and Im glad I did cause it was $6 cheaper for the same exact package as I sent you. Same box, same amount of wine, same everything and they didnt really bother to ask what was in there. I had to tell them it was glass and they stuck fragile stickers all over the box which the other place that was much more expensive didnt.

So...Bovine you in
smiley20.gif
or out
smiley21.gif
I live in a small town and the two grocery stores didn't have White Grape Raspberry Concentrate yesterday so had to use white Grape Juice instead for my next try at wine. Bummer
smiley6.gif

Back