Wine Cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The temp is very stable in there. So far it is staying right around 66* during the summer and 63* so far in the cold and the humidity is stable at 70% with the dehumidifier on during the summer and the water tank in there adding to the humidity all year long. I think between the subterranean area and the water tank in there this really helps the room stay stable although it makes the room too humid during the summer hence the dehumidifier. I have just under 400 and a lot more that are ready to bottle.

I counted today and have just over 400 bottles and 2 carboys to bottle...Christmas is going to be hard on the bottle count.

Ordinary people would think we are nuts. Don't tell my husband how many bottles we have
smiley2.gif
...I just put in an order for more used wine bottles and picked a few clear ones up at a winery....sshhhhh!!!!

I have 4 carboys that can be bottled but Im just going to do the crabapple and the plum so that I can sparkle 1/2 of each. All the others can bulk age longer as I dont need the carboys cause I have nothing big in primary. i did have to get 2 3 gallon carboys recently, 1 for the sherry and the other for the La Bodega Port I just started. Oh yeah, I will be bottling the Choc. Rasp. Port in a week so that I can try 1 bottle at Christmas for dessert with the family, almost forgot about that. That means that Ill have 3 empty 6 gallon jugs just sitting there empty. That'll be a 1st.

Think that Chocolate/Rasberry is going to be ready that early wade?

Hey wade you might want to consider a tankless water heater check it out i know it will give you more room

kaluba I think what you are looking at there is a pressure tank for his water system not a water heater.

That is my holding tank as I have a well. My water heating system is domestic which means that it is all internal inside the furnace. But thanks for trying to get me more room as I need it already.

Oooppss. Good thing Ive been working on the last few wine racks as I just went in there to measure the last rack that NEEDS to be built as all other racks are full and noticed that my humidifier is off and needs to be on today as its 78* here and the humidity in that room is 97%!
smiley3.gif
Up until today its stayed a nice 66% with temps in the mid to upper 60'5 but today it was 78* and very humid and my bottles were damp damnit! I may have ome problems with some of the labels from this and that pisses me off!
smiley35.gif

We had that weather yesterday Wade. Very warm and humid. It started like that today and by 10:00 the wind was blowing 40 mph out of the northeast and the temps dropped like a rock and the humidity dissapeared. Possible record low tonight here. HOLD ON it will get less humid. Hope the labels stay put.

A few of them wrinkled so far but the humidifier dropped it right down to 66% in 1 hour and will stay on now just in case I forget.

We also have had fluctuating temperatures lately....at least they are tending to be getting warmer....

Shorts and tank tops yesterday...started out like that today, then back into the jeans and flannel shirt this evening.....

Wade...hope you get your cellar moderated and show us some photos of those full racks and the new ones....

Latest update. I have almost run out of room as I have installed a few shelves and maybe the last rack but we'll see about that. Maybe I can fit a small one some where and even an angled 1 in between the last empty 1 and the first full one.
20080606_193807_Picture_005.jpg

20080606_193954_Picture_001.jpg

Wade, that looks absolutely fantastic! I wish I had your woodworking skills. You should be very proud. I'm quite jealous.

Nice set up.....That sure is a lot of wine down there.

What going on in the winemaking area???

Looks great Wade....Do youever find time to drink any??? Or how do you find time??? LOL

Latest posts

Back