Living in an area that has produced wine since the Roman period (there are Roman ruins nearby**
), and the Romans did not use humidifiers, why would I?
But seriously... Perhaps you did not understand my comment.
Actually, the humidity is not the issue. In fact, I have rather low humidity. The issue, as I already described, is due to damp from the soil, making the walls wet. So many people experience mold on walls due to high humidity, and the water vapor condenses on cold areas of walls, and the mold then grows on the wet surfaces. But my walls get wet not from the inside humidity, but from the outside soil moisture.
Again, I have a very different building than what most US residents are familiar with. So can not really use US logic or solutions.
Other than that... I like to think the mold adds.... Character.
And I walk outside my front door each morning and see a Medieval castle...
View attachment 98457