WILL THIS WORK ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I got an idea yesterday evening, somewhat by accident. I have a batch of "Waldo's Port" fermenting that I thought was ready to stabilize so I made up my Kmeta and Sorbate, dissolved in a small amount of water and then took a final SG reading. The SG had dropped some from the last reading two days prior so I checked it again, it was the same. I decided I still had some fermentation going on so here is where my idea was born.I poured up the Kmeta and Sorbate into a 187ml bottle to save it and use when the Port is ready to stabilize.
I am now thinking that we could make up several batches of "Stabilizer solutions", bottle them thusly and have them ready to add to a batch of wine as needed.
Is this doable? What would the shelf life be? Any thoughts, input would be appreciated.
20071115_032840_stabilizer.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

I see no reason why not. I would completely fill the bottles and place in a cool, dark place.

i guess if you made it with some proportions relating to how many ounces went to how many gallons it would be fine.

I have a few diferent wines all close to stabilizing now. Sounds like it would save time if it were prepared in advance.

Edited by: scotty

I was thinking., Waldo, that the wine conditioner had stabilizers in it so whynot. I knowyou will figure it out!!!

Ramona

Waldo is that the ear and mane of the rocking horse that I think I have seen in other pictures ...in the background.Edited by: rgecaprock

My daughter had that rocking horse also as I made for her out of Maple from plans out of Woodcraft Mag., She got a hold of some scissors and gave the horsey a hair cut then our dog chewed off both ears!
smiley18.gif

Back