While racking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
While racking my wine I hear all this commotion outside and a beeping back-up horn so I decided to hit the hose crimp and take a peak. The nice old lady 2 houses over decided to back out of her driveway and hit the gas pedal a little too hard!!!!!! She mailed it right across the street over the curb in into my other neighbors yard. I think the tree she ran up saved much of her car as right behind that is a huge rock and that would have really done some damage!

car on tree on rock.jpg

That's one of those "If you had to get into a wreck, that's the way to do it." type accidents. Hope she's OK and not too shook up.
Probably not what you expected for a nice quiet day after X-mas.

Holy Cow, how old is she? I was talking to the one security officer the other day and he was telling me a story about this little old lady. When school lets out we have one of the officers direct traffic on the main road, the buses pull onto a side road and either turn left or right on the main road, well he has the traffic stopped and all of a sudden there is this car that pulls out of the line of waiting traffic into the opposing traffic lane, fortunately the buses were all making a left off the side road and this traffic was right of the side road. Well he gets this lady to stop and asked her what she was doing. She says "I don't know, I just didn't want to wait in traffic any longer."

Looks like another Progressive insurance "Jerry, are you up a pole again! :(" Took 2 wreckers and a flat bed to get it out. Must say they did a good job, ended up with just a little rear bumper damage. She was pretty but thats all. She is about 72 years old. I think its time to pack that license away before she does do more harm!

Looks like another Progressive insurance "Jerry, are you up a pole again!

Good one Wade!:)

This happens a heck of a lot more than you probably realize. We get called all the time to businesses where little old ladies smash into the front of them. Heck I was at one last week! Thankfully nobody got hurt.

This happens a heck of a lot more than you probably realize. We get called all the time to businesses where little old ladies smash into the front of them. Heck I was at one last week! Thankfully nobody got hurt.

My mom did it in a parking lot about three months before we finally got her to give up driving.

We had some elderly folks recently drive into a bank, drive into a house, convenience store and the list goes on. What I don't understand is why don't they step on the brake??????

I'm not talking about a few feet, it's a descent distance. HA HA HA

I think everyone needs to retake their drivers test at 50, 60, 65, 70 etc. I'd probably fail.

Latest posts

Back