Other Which vendor do you recommend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something so new you just found put about it yourself?

I'll check out what George has to offer when I put my next order together. If it's still 'over pay for a while to prove your loyalty, then I'll give you a discount', I'll prolly go elsewhere.

In general, I don't think there is one best source out there. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many suppliers to choose from. Some things are more important to some folks than other things are to other folks. Some people have had problems with suppliers that some people have had nothing but the best service from. I certainly won't take it personally if someone else recommends against a supplier I recommend.

And I like it this way. Competition is what gives us a good selection of quality suppliers to do business with.

No,

When I became a member of the growers club you had to purchase a certain amount first before you were in the growers club. Since I was already in the club I didn't need to check back on what it took to get into the club. I only check my invoice to make sure I got the sale price and the 10% discount on top.

Something so new you just found put about it yourself?

I'll check out what George has to offer when I put my next order together. If it's still 'over pay for a while to prove your loyalty, then I'll give you a discount', I'll prolly go elsewhere.

In general, I don't think there is one best source out there. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many suppliers to choose from. Some things are more important to some folks than other things are to other folks. Some people have had problems with suppliers that some people have had nothing but the best service from. I certainly won't take it personally if someone else recommends against a supplier I recommend.

And I like it this way. Competition is what gives us a good selection of quality suppliers to do business with.

Bob, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much." One has to wonder at the source of such acerbic criticism of The Wine Makers Toy Store.

Virtually everyone on this post has cited their favorite vendor without deprecating any other vendor. You, however, have chosen to both cite your favorite vendor and demean mine. I have refrained from saying anything about your favorite vendor because I feel that anyone that is willing to pay up to a 47% premium on products is, at least, entitled to his opinion.

I have demeaned nobody. I've gone so far as to say I'll check your vendor out on my next purchase. I can't wait to save that extra 47% I've been paying :)

I believe what this post has shown is that there are several excellent vendors out there. Each of us has to make a decision on an arrary of attributes, weighing each one according to his or her priority. Some vendors are lower priced but their selection is limited and service is sub-standard, some have great service, good selection but higher prices, etc. Each of us has to assess these attributes and weigh which are most important to us personally. I don't think one could find a vendor who is, at the same time, a. the lowest price for products, handling and shipping, b. has a complete selection of everything we want/need, c. exhibits the best customer service and d. all products are of the highest quality, else this vendor would have all the business. Good discussion.

I've ordered from Brew and Wine, Fine Vine Wines, and Northern Brewer. Great experiences with all three. Bottom line: I shop a bit when making a purchase and will typically look at a couple vendors before deciding. But my experiences with the the sponsors of this site have all been very positive, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them.

thanks Fellas, didnt mean to stir up the hornets nest. I ordered Rosso Fortisimo from George. Got a discount and shipping was good

Bob, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much." One has to wonder at the source of such acerbic criticism of The Wine Makers Toy Store.

Virtually everyone on this post has cited their favorite vendor without deprecating any other vendor. You, however, have chosen to both cite your favorite vendor and demean mine. I have refrained from saying anything about your favorite vendor because I feel that anyone that is willing to pay up to a 47% premium on products is, at least, entitled to his opinion.

I have demeaned nobody. I've gone so far as to say I'll check your vendor out on my next purchase. I can't wait to save that extra 47% I've been paying :)

Rocky, BobF, behave yourselves, :ft

Like Wade said, we have several vendors here and they all should be considered. All depending on your personality on where you should buy from. Just because you all had a great experience from Fine Vines, don't be so closed minded to not try one of our other vendors. I have tried them all and love them all.

Julie, as far as I am concerened, Bob and I have no issue. We were just expressing our opinions based on our experiences. I am sure we are still friends and it was a good exchange of information. Just for additional information, I was a Purchasing Director for a Fortune 50 (and I don't mean Fortune 500) company so I am not a "babe in the woods" when it comes to buying. I was responsible for more that $2 Billion in purchases annually so I know how to make sound purchasing decisions.

Boy, I sure hope no friendships or feelings were destroyed! If everybody is in complete agreement about something, a discussion would be pointless, wouldn't it? Maybe Julie was just feeling the need to express herself :)

BTW, Rocky, spending $2B doesn't make one good at it. What if fair value was only $1B? :)

Julie, as far as I am concerened, Bob and I have no issue. We were just expressing our opinions based on our experiences. I am sure we are still friends and it was a good exchange of information. Just for additional information, I was a Purchasing Director for a Fortune 50 (and I don't mean Fortune 500) company so I am not a "babe in the woods" when it comes to buying. I was responsible for more that $2 Billion in purchases annually so I know how to make sound purchasing decisions.

LOL, well Rocky you have me beat. I am a Purchasing Director and I am responsible for only $32M in purchases annually.

FWIW, I buy local. I am a small business man and I buy from Windy Hills Wine in Meadville PA because Rich is a small business man like me and I really dont care how much I could save buying online. It matters to me that there is someone like Rich that depends on someone like me for thier livelyhood. It all stays local!

Boy, I sure hope no friendships or feelings were destroyed! If everybody is in complete agreement about something, a discussion would be pointless, wouldn't it? Maybe Julie was just feeling the need to express herself :)

BTW, Rocky, spending $2B doesn't make one good at it. What if fair value was only $1B? :)

No I didn't feel the need to express myself. I know I am being very cautious but I have seen too many good discussions go sour in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back