What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 Chilean juice bucket Viognier. @JohnT: There's one coming your way for the white wine comp.

At the bar in the resort trying everything [emoji4]

The wine is a nice dry Rose, Rebelle, the drink is named Adelaine, very good!!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1471220750.232343.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1471220817.914200.jpg

I chill my reds down to 65F and I stay inside where it's always 72F when it's 90F + 90H outside! :sh

btw, is it just me or does anyone else hate it when you order a red at a restaurant and they serve it near 78F. I do not like big heavy reds served that warm.

it's not just you...I think it is lame that a restaurant wouldn't know how to serve wine

Last night's fair.

2014 Vigne Regali (Banfi) Gavi Principessa Gavia

I was quite pleased with it and good value at $14.

IMG_20160814_155234.jpg

2013 Mer Soleil Chardonnay Reserve

This is a beautiful Chardonnay. While my expectations were high for this Chardonnay, it exceeded them quite a bit. This is definitely a talking wine.

IMG_20160818_195714.jpg

2009 Col Solare. Can't believe I found this local in San Antonio. We are celebrating the life of my 84 year old Father whom we lost on Monday after a long struggle with neuropathy. Lots of laughs. A few tears of course. But mostly family coming together to remember a truly wonderful man who we will all miss so very much.

IMG_9387-Edited.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

You have my thoughts Mike. I still have my father, but not my mother. I feel for you and your family. I say cheers for the life of the lost. Tonight we celebrate the life of the loved.

For that celebration. I have a 2012 Martinelli Zinfandel. A gorgeous red that lacks the deep lush velvet jammy red of many Zinfandel's that I hold so dear. Though even though it doesn't have the thick punch, it still pulls together enough fruit and flavor to balance out it's 17.2% ABV.

This is a sweet vibrant Zinfandel that begs your attention. Not my standard Zin, but drives its way into the list of my favorite Zinfandel wines. I love surprises and this one definitely surprises. An open mind is the key to being surprised by something you couldn't fathom. This is the world that brought me to love wine.

Cheers to your father Mike.

PHOTO_20160421_193401.jpg

Latest posts

Back