What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last fall's petite sirah from winegrapesdirect. This picture doesn't do it justice. Inky purple. Very fruity nose. Dry and gripping tannins. Let it breathe for 30 minutes and the tannins softened a bit but we're still abrasive. Very enjoyable. Blackberry/cherry nose. Slight oak. Just racked into a barrel tonight. Stewed fruit, earth and then my mouth puckers. The dryness of the tannins really stunts the taste. Can't wait for another two years!!!!ImageUploadedByWine Making1470449977.646601.jpg

That sounds like a good choice! It may sway me as to what grapes I attempt to ferment this fall. I'm assuming about a 55*F serving temperature?

Don't have any in the cooler. It is still not officially 'in the rotation'. Still mellowing - a high ABV is making it just a tad harsh. I had over 10 gallons of it, so I sample every 3 months or so. I'm not worried about running out of it any time soon, so sampling isn't too restricted. :D

Opened a bottle of my 2015 Chilean Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec, version #2. Freeked out a bit last week with some carbonation showing up in a bottle I opened, not experiencing that in this bottle. I did open it and let it hang out for about 1/2 hour, so maybe that is enough to get rid of any residual carbonation? Do like the flavor and expect I will be mad at myself in a few years when it tastes much better after aging a bit.

But I'm new and quite stupid about these things, so just let me be content to wallow in my stupidity.

Decent, but not great. It was a 4 or 5 bucks more than the H3, which is probably better. This was one of a few different Washington cabs I pulled off the shelf tonight that had some version of the Charles Smith name.

IMG_4142.jpg

Beautiful night front lawn with dogs and gin n tonic.

Steve

P.S.
How do you rotate these pictures??:ft

image.jpg

P.S.
How do you rotate these pictures??:ft

Adobe Photoshop. Now comes as part of the CS suite (Creative Suite). Big bucks, don't know if you can get it as a stand alone product anymore. I think there is a "cloud" version that you can pay for on a monthly basis. Maybe our Californian graphic artist can chime in ( @Kraffty ).

Last edited:
Can you source any of the Charles & Charles red wines? They are close to H3 in quality and last time I purchased had a superior bottle for recycling... Winning!

Charles-and-Charles-2013-Cabernet-Blend-HI-Res-Bottle-.jpg

Decent, but not great. It was a 4 or 5 bucks more than the H3, which is probably better. This was one of a few different Washington cabs I pulled off the shelf tonight that had some version of the Charles Smith name.

Can you source any of the Charles & Charles red wines? They are close to H3 in quality and last time I purchased had a superior bottle for recycling... Winning!

Charles-and-Charles-2013-Cabernet-Blend-HI-Res-Bottle-.jpg

Looked at that tonight. Will give it a try next time. Thanks Mike.

Are you uploading with your phone or from PC?
On the PC it is real easy.

I upload from my iPhone and no need to rotate.

This picture I took with my IPad and posted so not sure why it rotated?

Steve

Latest posts

Back