What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the weekend we had a 2014 Dolcetto and cracked a 2015 Chilean Malbec. The Dolcetto was much better...

2013 Leeuwin Estate Art Series Dry Riesling. (from last night)

This stuff doesn't smell all that good. (actually, it smells awful) It's definitely a good quality Riesling though. Quite silky and smooth, but also very tart. (most tart Riesling I've ever tasted) A little too tart for my tastes.

IMG_20160828_180152.jpg

Italian for dinner with an Italian pairing.

2013 Castello di Neive Barbera d'Alba Messoirano

IMG_20160829_191539.jpg

Snagged one of these while in Burbank this weekend and brought it home with me. Will sit on it for while more than likely. LOL Let me know what you think when you pop yours.

@ibglowin

Local Costco warehouse manager (I've given her my wine before) sent this bottle as a present to me with my wife.
Kirkland Signature series.

It is a blend of Cab, Merlot, Syrah and Sangiovese from Dolan and Weiss Cellars in Walla Walla, WA.

Planing to put away for some time.

Have you tried it?

attachment.php

Just had some alcoholic ginger beer with a hunk-o-lime by the pool. Cleaned up and headed out to dinner, where I'll likely have fish tacos and margarita(s).

Wound up going with duck tacos. But my 8 year old had the fish and said they were the best he's ever had.

Somebody cut Jim off please! :)

Everything tastes better on vacation, let him go. We'll put him to work when he gets home. He's ordering enough grapes this Fall to keep him busy.

Would still have enjoyed a picture, I only had a beef burger with a big grilled onion and thick piece of mater with some grilled zucchini. The fish taco would have been healthier.

BTW, opened a bottle of Valipolicella (SE version with added Dornfelder skins). I think the skins have helped mellow out the kit taste already, very enjoyable for so young (9 months). Was comparing it to a Vieux Chataeu Du Roi which is younger and very strong with the young kit taste.

Last edited:
A little more ginger beer this afternoon and onto Grenache Rose as the sun begins to fall and we prepare for our pasta, sausage and meatball dinner - accompanied by some winery series Super Tuscan.

2012 Bodegas Breca Old Vine Garnacha

I'm very impressed with this $15 Spanish wine. Very good stuff at a great value.

IMG_20160831_194642.jpg

How long you staying there? I'm sending some weather up to you from down here......

I know. Please don't. We're trying to enjoy the good weather while we can. Avoided virtually any impact from TD8 yesterday and had rough seas, but nice weather. Hoping the same holds true with the track of the next one.

I know. Please don't. We're trying to enjoy the good weather while we can. Avoided virtually any impact from TD8 yesterday and had rough seas, but nice weather. Hoping the same holds true with the track of the next one.

Weather is getting brutal in a lot of places. Hope yours remains good!

Latest posts

Back