What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it is not night but when on vacation...... 3 1/2 year old Elderberry blush, dam did I do a good job on this! Just a little crispness to this with a nice elderberry with a faint taste of niagara and a heavenly mouthfeel! :db

Snagged one of these while in Burbank this weekend and brought it home with me. Will sit on it for while more than likely. LOL Let me know what you think when you pop yours.

What can I say other than it is good!! :HB
It is very round, nice color, tannins hit your back palate a bit but it has a very round and robust structure, nice smell too, cherry, plum, what else? lol

I think I'm going to soon open the other blend of merlot/cab that Costco offers for $8.99 because I think that wine doesn't have anything to envy this more pricey bottle.

Anyway, you won't be disappointed I think.

Opened up a Chilean 2015 Merlot blend (Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec) that is about 16 months old. This is batch 10 version 2 (added some TRE) and is tasting really nice and smooth (73% Merlot helps). Was a Merlot bucket + 3 lugs of grapes, so no kit taste, nice fruity nose, really nice finish with some vanilla notes. I still have 17 bottles left (see @Johnd , the wine sanctuary can work, at times), so hopefully this time next year I'll be enjoying a 28 month old bottle and extolling the virtues of letting wine age until it gets good.

9-2-16_merlot-2.jpg

Opened up a Chilean 2015 Merlot blend (Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec) that is about 16 months old. This is batch 10 version 2 (added some TRE) and is tasting really nice and smooth (73% Merlot helps). Was a Merlot bucket + 3 lugs of grapes, so no kit taste, nice fruity nose, really nice finish with some vanilla notes. I still have 17 bottles left (see @Johnd , the wine sanctuary can work, at times), so hopefully this time next year I'll be enjoying a 28 month old bottle and extolling the virtues of letting wine age until it gets good.

I have one of these, marked 10-2 don't I? I may kill it sometime over the weekend.

Last bottle of my 2014 Chilean Carmenere. Best bottle of the entire batch. Had I known this wine would phenomenal at 2.5 years, I would have saved a few more bottles. Oh well, age truly does wonderful things to wine.

I have one of these, marked 10-2 don't I? I may kill it sometime over the weekend.

Yes, 10-2. The 10-2 had the TRE, the 10-1 didn't. I like the 10-2 much better so far.

As always, when you make the wine you tend to be less harsh with the critique of the wine. That's why I need others to taste it. I'll bring another 10-2 if you already drank the other when we go to pick up fall grapes.

Last edited:
Joe's Tweaked Fontana Malbek, it is just very pleasant. Cheapest kit I've ever made too. Gotta find a real good place to stash this away from the wife!

Bottle of Sauvignon Blanc Rose that went to the beach, but never got opened. Seems to have successfully survived the trip home in the cooler. :dg

We had beer with lunch every day at the beach. Since I'm technically still on vacation, I decided 'one last time'. Enjoyed a nice Ballast Point Sculpin Grapefruit IPA. Nice way to end a great summer.

Wow, left over #23 (SE Valpolicella w/added grape skins). Really nice for so young, the time hanging out after opening it definitely didn't hurt it in any way I can taste. Yum.

CC Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah, started January of 2014 (when it was discontinued). Rave reviews on this one, but I think its just 'meh'.

Latest posts

Back