What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I started with a bottle of Guiness. Then a small glass of the cheapish Tempranillo I referenced upthread. But now, I just opened a fruit bomb! A 2013 Plungerhead Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel. Plummy! Jammy! Tar and tobacco! An awesome nightcap.

Mixed strawberry wine (way too young) and blueberry wine (way too weak) that combined into a fairly pleasant tropical concotion. Funny how that works.

First bottle from my naked wines angel investors 12 pack. Tastes like my Frontenac that I grow out back. Not impressed at all. Maybe it's because I'm sick. But my ov Zin port tastes the same. ImageUploadedByWine Making1458253106.880031.jpg

Merlot cab blend, fist wine from grapes back in 2013....yummy!!

First bottle from my naked wines angel investors 12 pack. Tastes like my Frontenac that I grow out back. Not impressed at all. Maybe it's because I'm sick. But my ov Zin port tastes the same. View attachment 27941

Let me know if you feel the same way when you're not sick. I've been seriously considering trying them out, but reviews seem to be mixed.

2009 Long Shadows "Saggi". Brought this back from the winery in Walla Walla. We hit it in the Summer of 2013. I was blown away with this wine at our private tasting and blown away again tonight. A blend of Sangiovese, Cab Sauv and Syrah of all things. Needed about 45 mins to really get going and then it was amazing to the last drop. Went very well with steak marsala, smashed potatoes and fresh green beans! :hug

IMG_0998.jpg

Had a bit of beer, then followed with a sample of the Merlot blend that is still in the carboy from last spring. Had added some Tannin Complex then some Tannin Extra Riche, boy, much different wine that the 1/2 of the batch I have already bottled. Both very good but very different, in a good way. Will be interesting to see the difference develop as it ages (still in diaper stage).

Also tried a young Dornfelder. Though it is diminishing, still a very bell pepper like aftertaste. I can see why many of these wines might be finished on the off-dry side. When I add a bit of simple syrup, the perceived bell pepper aftertaste goes away.

Tipping the carboy and drinking some Merlot again. I can't seem to get enough of this wine. Guess I might as well bottle it so I can rob some of it from the wine sanctuary before it is ready to drink. Yum!

(I know, cradle robber)

Picture says it all. Varis, How old is that kit and have you tasted it ? I just bottled mine at a year old. Bakervinyard

Picture says it all. Varis, How old is that kit and have you tasted it ? I just bottled mine at a year old. Bakervinyard

I will check my notes but I think it's over a year old.
Taste as expected....really good, wife and I drank the whole bottle with lunch.

Just checked my notes.
Started back in Nov 2014 with K1-V1116.
Bottled in Jan 2015.

For those ( @boatboy24 @ibglowin ) that "sometimes" think I only drink white whines 21 days old....:):)

Back