What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened up a bottle of some local "micro winery". Vintners Reserve natural selection farm winery handsome farmer red 2013 red wine.
Which is a heck of a title. It was a gift from SWMBO's coworker.
It turned into a bottle bomb.
What was left I used to feed my vinegar.
It was dry but too bubble and had a green flavor to it.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1431210576.269005.jpg

I just couldn't help it. We stopped into our local wine shop. We started talking to the cashier who is in his first year of summlier. Good conversation, so we purchased these two bottles and asked Steve (cashier) if he had a opportunity to try these. He said nope they were out of his range. So I asked him to get three glasses and a cork screw. I think I shocked him a little. So we opened them both as shared a healthy sample of each. They were both heavenly. But I liked the Zenato better. Very smooth. The TenutaJulia had a little more tanin bite, but still very good!

1431475411895.jpg

Zenato is very well known for very good quality at a pretty decent price wine. Sorta like the Mondavi of Italian wines

I love me a Robert Mondavi cab! I'm tasting a sample of the Pinot Grigio from a juice bucket it just went dry and very tasty!

Last edited:
In San Antonio visiting my folks. Went to Costco to pick up dinner and a few other items. I found cases of 2010 H3 Les Chevaux still sitting gathering dust. for $9.99. Snagged one to go with some Costco Pizza. Pulled the cork at home and looked at it and it was still almost WHITE on the end! Meaning this wine has set for 3+ years upright in a warehouse somewhere and never on its side. So how was the wine? Amazingly good considering its life. Still has nice oak, nice bouquet, nice mouthfeel and and pretty darn nice finish. Since it was 75% Merlot it went perfect with the Pizza. Still have a bottle or two at home in the cellar.

In San Antonio visiting my folks. Went to Costco to pick up dinner and a few other items. I found cases of 2010 H3 Les Chevaux still sitting gathering dust. for $9.99. Snagged one to go with some Costco Pizza. Pulled the cork at home and looked at it and it was still almost WHITE on the end! Meaning this wine has set for 3+ years upright in a warehouse somewhere and never on its side. So how was the wine? Amazingly good considering its life. Still has nice oak, nice bouquet, nice mouthfeel and and pretty darn nice finish. Since it was 75% Merlot it went perfect with the Pizza. Still have a bottle or two at home in the cellar.

... and under $10. Great score!

Killing a bottle of what tastes like a dry Cab Franc/Merlot, and a RunningWolf Peach. Based on what news we got this evening, that may not be enough....

Huh! I have drunk a small amount of 3 different wines so far this evening. And I just realized that I have made all of them!!

I had some Dragon Blood as a late-afternoon refresher. I killed off the previous bottle of Mezza Luna Red, and the next bottle on tap was a WE Malbec. Ding Ding Ding -- that is 3 for 3!

Back