What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
468581.jpg

Made a Costco run today as it was my Friday off. Among the various ginormous items we normally pick up today we snagged a Costco Calzone and wanted something to go with it. Found something new in a Kirkland branded Italian wine, a 2011 Chianti Classico packaged in a simple and lightweight bottle, this $8.69 wine turned out to be a terrific little bargain. Pouring into our glasses, the wine color is standard Chianti Classico – dark purple with great consistency and little separation at the edges. But like other recent/current-vintage European-sourced Kirkland wines, it takes some time to fully open up. I found that it needed 30-40 minutes before it exhibited qualities of note.

It is an easy to drink wine with not a lot of drama. There are all of the classic/traditional Chianti cues here – floral, earthy and a very slight spicy tone to the nose. The finish is pretty dry but not metallic in any way, which makes it excellent with food. It can be enjoyed alone, but it would be a missed opportunity. Compared to other Chiantis of similar vintage and price, the finish is that of a moderately-priced dry wine with not a lot of fruit. It is an excellent wine to pair with pizza, pasta, and other rich dishes.

Having a glass of my skeeter pee I made into pink lemonade it's fantastic! Don't know why it went sideways lol

image.jpg

3 cups strawberry white Merlot it was too sweet for my taste so I added 1 cup of chianti I had in fridge this was only about 3 gallons of sp I'm getting into experimenting with blending

2012 Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone with Super Grape Pack. Wow this was gooood. Too bad I only have a double magnum and three standard bottles left.

I had the leftovers from bottling my very first wine. Winexpert French Sauvignon Blanc. A little thin, but not too shabby.

I am making this cheapo kit for summer and it's been clearing for 2 weeks now, but still a bit of haze.
How long did yours take to completely clear?

About 3 weeks, I think. Will need to look at my paperwork when I get home.

I encourage you to take your time, though. Degas it thoroughly. Taste before you bottle. If it tastes fizzy or has a bite, you should degas a bit more.

I didn't given it enough time... Wish I did.

Opened another bottle of RJS LR Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc. About 6 months old now. Paired with a rotisserie chicken and scalloped potatoes and greens. Wow, is this stuff beyond expectations! Crisp, clean, harmoniuos wine with flavours of fresh lemon, gooseberries and tropical fruit. Amazing wine to say the least.

An RJS Merlot that I bottled last July. I added blackberries to the secondary in this batch and have to say "not bad ;) )"

Looks tasty.

SWMBO is not much of a beer drinker, however she has taken a liking to them.
She drank to rest of the 4 pack.
I like that she found something she likes. I dont like that they are $9.99 a 4 pack!

Back