What's in your glass tonight?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Celebrating the end of days? :b
Friends came over from Tampa so good occasion.
I just went back to Costco for more!!!
Only 3 boxes left and my friends wanted to get 2.

Real good stuff

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Ah, fresh up from the cellar. One must shelter in place, you know. However, it needn't be a hardship.

View attachment 59358
I've seen my share of bourbon barrel Cabs and Zins, but never a Scotch Shiraz. I imagine it will be a little over the top, but curious to hear what you think. What's the ABV?

Johnd

Sanitized Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t drink much on school nights, but these days, there’s no school, and the world is so outta whack, every night is fair game. Wifey and I opened up a 2015 Turley OVZ that’s right on track.

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
I've seen my share of bourbon barrel Cabs and Zins, but never a Scotch Shiraz. I imagine it will be a little over the top, but curious to hear what you think. What's the ABV?
I like the Jacobs Creek and have several bottles stored. It is a big, bold Aussie wine and the 2016 benefits IMO from splash filling the glass or letting it breathe some. I can definitely taste the influence of three months in scotch barrels. 14.8% ABV

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
2016 Sauvignon Blanc (Master Vintner Limited Edition) paired with corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage. Really nice...
I too had corned beef, potatoes and cabbage yesterday. Really like that meal.

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
Last night it was the Ancient Peaks Zinfandel, which has really improved from its rest in the cellar. Enjoyable.

crushday

Grape juice artisan
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
2016 WE Eclipse Zinfandel - I’m sad I drank so many early. This is really good now.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
A nice Shaffer Chard with dinner. Bought it for my wife on her birthday last month. Almost fell off my chair when she said she thinks she prefers my chard (Luna Bianca) to the Shaffer.

But then again: it’s a cheaper, bigger wine, and I have about 5 cases in my basement.

Latest posts