What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, fresh up from the cellar. One must shelter in place, you know. However, it needn't be a hardship.

View attachment 59358

I've seen my share of bourbon barrel Cabs and Zins, but never a Scotch Shiraz. I imagine it will be a little over the top, but curious to hear what you think. What's the ABV?

2011 Meeker Dry Creek Valley
url
Syrah
6E7v4V1DT2S3In0Pqg0u_A.jpg

I've seen my share of bourbon barrel Cabs and Zins, but never a Scotch Shiraz. I imagine it will be a little over the top, but curious to hear what you think. What's the ABV?

I like the Jacobs Creek and have several bottles stored. It is a big, bold Aussie wine and the 2016 benefits IMO from splash filling the glass or letting it breathe some. I can definitely taste the influence of three months in scotch barrels. 14.8% ABV

2016 Sauvignon Blanc (Master Vintner Limited Edition) paired with corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage. Really nice...

I too had corned beef, potatoes and cabbage yesterday. Really like that meal.

Last night it was the Ancient Peaks Zinfandel, which has really improved from its rest in the cellar. Enjoyable.

A nice Shaffer Chard with dinner. Bought it for my wife on her birthday last month. Almost fell off my chair when she said she thinks she prefers my chard (Luna Bianca) to the Shaffer.

But then again: it’s a cheaper, bigger wine, and I have about 5 cases in my basement.

Latest posts

Back