What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last bottle of CC Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah. Two weeks shy of it's 5th birthday, I grabbed this kit based on very good reviews and the fact that it was about to be discontinued. At 5 years of age, I'm finally enjoying it. In fact, it's really, really good.

2016 Boom Boom Syrah. A little fruit forward - almost a sense of sweetness, but kinda what I was in the mood for.

My wife accidentally opened one of my last two bottles of the first wine I made a 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon from a kit. She use a few oz to cook with, and I was not happy.

BUT we finished the rest of the bottle and it was excellent! I will probably drink the last bottle within the next few weeks.

My wife accidentally opened one of my last two bottles of the first wine I made a 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon from a kit. She use a few oz to cook with, and I was not happy.

BUT we finished the rest of the bottle and it was excellent! I will probably drink the last bottle within the next few weeks.

I have one bottle left from the first (cheap kit) wine I made in 2012 and I'm afraid to open it! :)

Peach Juice wine/cooler 13% ABV. has Lemon ingredient for tartness. This 1-Gal batch fermented in 4 days. Drinkable in a total of 14 days. The aroma of canned peaches. Used All Natural "Simply Peach" Juice Drink. it's not from concentrate, Non-GMO. It fermented in the house during a hot weather stretch 80-90+ degrees. Lalvin 71-B. plus, added sugar, nutrients, little extra water to the fermenter. It Took off like a rocket. I had no Air conditioning during the time, 80+ in the house. Just put a coffee filter secured with a rubber band over the 1-gallon fermenter opening for 4 days. Day 4 read 0.990. on hydrometer. Took a taste on day 4. it tasted like some kind of fuel, not very promising. So, on day 4 put an airlock on it, and waited. The temps stayed hot. Took a Hydro reading day 14, still 0.990 I racked it to a clean/sanitized 1-gallon container. Took a taste test. Totally different wine. Fricken good. No yeasty smell, good clarity, the light smell and taste of peaches. Just a little on the sour side, maybe from the lemon, that the manufacturer added. Added a few Ice cubes, little sugar to the glass of wine/High ABV cooler. It's Day 15 it's a great summer drink. Never had something ready from start to finish so quickly. Caught a sale, $1.00 for a 52 oz bottle. Simply Peach at Kroger. Yea I bought 10 bottles of the stuff. I'm glad I did.

Peach Juice wine/cooler 13% ABV. has Lemon ingredient for tartness. This 1-Gal batch fermented in 4 days. Drinkable in a total of 14 days. The aroma of canned peaches. Used All Natural "Simply Peach" Juice Drink. it's not from concentrate, Non-GMO. It fermented in the house during a hot weather stretch 80-90+ degrees. Lalvin 71-B. plus, added sugar, nutrients, little extra water to the fermenter. It Took off like a rocket. I had no Air conditioning during the time, 80+ in the house. Just put a coffee filter secured with a rubber band over the 1-gallon fermenter opening for 4 days. Day 4 read 0.990. on hydrometer. Took a taste on day 4. it tasted like some kind of fuel, not very promising. So, on day 4 put an airlock on it, and waited. The temps stayed hot. Took a Hydro reading day 14, still 0.990 I racked it to a clean/sanitized 1-gallon container. Took a taste test. Totally different wine. Fricken good. No yeasty smell, good clarity, the light smell and taste of peaches. Just a little on the sour side, maybe from the lemon, that the manufacturer added. Added a few Ice cubes, little sugar to the glass of wine/High ABV cooler. It's Day 15 it's a great summer drink. Never had something ready from start to finish so quickly. Caught a sale, $1.00 for a 52 oz bottle. Simply Peach at Kroger. Yea I bought 10 bottles of the stuff. I'm glad I did.

I did a similar experiment with 32oz cartons of guava nectar that I found for $1 each a couple years back. I was able to make a really nice, tropical, slightly off-dry wine with it.

I did a similar experiment with 32oz cartons of guava nectar that I found for $1 each a couple of years back. I was able to make a really nice, tropical, slightly off-dry wine with it.
That's fantastic. Sometimes we just gotta go for it. You never know what those little yeasties will create. So did it retain the guava taste?

That's fantastic. Sometimes we just gotta go for it. You never know what those little yeasties will create. So did it retain the guava taste?

Very much so. It's a very interesting (and enjoyable) wine. Can't complain when you've only got about 20 bucks into a 3 gallon batch.

Just open my last bottle of the 78 PWC Ruby Port; an international blend of California Red grape, Honduran Banana, Cololrado Honey, and

Latest posts

Back