What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had dinner tonight with a group of friends. Started with an Italian 2012 Vino De Casa, then a 2012 Chilean Carmenere, a 2011 California Shiraz, a 2011 California Cabernet Sauvignon then finished with a Touriga Nacionale Port style and a Vidal Blanc Ice wine. It is a lot of fun when everyone in the restaurant stops by your table to sample your homemade wines. I even sent a 2012 California Cabernet Sauvignon home with my accountant! Fun Night!.

Had dinner tonight with a group of friends. Started with an Italian 2012 Vino De Casa, then a 2012 Chilean Carmenere, a 2011 California Shiraz, a 2011 California Cabernet Sauvignon then finished with a Touriga Nacionale Port style and a Vidal Blanc Ice wine. It is a lot of fun when everyone in the restaurant stops by your table to sample your homemade wines. I even sent a 2012 California Cabernet Sauvignon home with my accountant! Fun Night!.

Phil, where did you get the Touriga from? I make that at work and it's fantastic. It's also a hard grape to get a hold of.

Pizza followed by Mist Wine-Raspberry White Zinfandel aka Rockin' Raspberry

boosted to 12 percent ABV made with full F-pack no quarter given.

Hmmm..... like burning silk - each glass gone so quick!

And what restaurant were you at that allowed you to bring your own wines?

And what restaurant were you at that allowed you to bring your own wines?

Julie, the restaurant is called Amazing Foods and is located in Franklin PA. They are open for dinner only the first Friday of each month.The food is excellent and reservations must be made months in advance.

Blueberry. While watching the resident Bluebirds feed their youngsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Well, I drank my first bottle of Dragon Blood. Not very impressed, actually.

With dinner, I opened my first bottle from WTSO. It was Saddler's Peak Red Wine, which is a Napa Valley blend of Syrah and Merlot. Quite tasty, if a bit young (2012).

Well, I drank my first bottle of Dragon Blood. Not very impressed, actually.

With dinner, I opened my first bottle from WTSO. It was Saddler's Peak Red Wine, which is a Napa Valley blend of Syrah and Merlot. Quite tasty, if a bit young (2012).

My first and only batch was not impressive. The alcohol content is bit high I think. It taste better if I back sweeten it after opening the bottle.

Tonight I picked up a 2008 Gabbiano Chianti Classico Riserva .Very nice ,one of the best Chianti I ever had . Extra dry lots of tannins with sour cherry and you can smell the sour cherry too .
My question is that how come the kits I make are not aromatic ? You guys have the same problem too or it is just me ? ( I mostly make red kits . )
:b

IMG_20140510_192827.jpg

Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc. A year old now and outstanding. A little limoncello too.

A 2005 Ravenswood Vintner's Blend Cabernet Sauvignon. Yes, again, an $8 bottle of wine from 8 years ago (part of my experiment in aging inexpensive wines). It is fairly nice, actually. Still pretty astringent, and lots of flavors of dark fruits and cola.

Opened a split of my EP Amarone last night. It just hit the 11 month mark. Young, but really good. I'm going to give it another 6 months before I try the next one.

At a family funeral. So having the family drink, lots and lots of manhattans!

Just back from having dinner with family at a local restaurant. Had a glass of Super Tuscan for which I paid $11.00 US. Can't remember the the label name but it was comprised of two Italian words with a gazillion syllables in each. Couldn't help but think about the 6 gallons of RJS WS Super Tuscon back home close to being ready for trying the first bottle. Also, figuring that at that price I've got over a $1,000 of Super Tuscan sitting in the basement. Also, thinking about how satisfaction wise my RJS WS Washington Merlot compares the glass of Super Tuscan I drank at the restaurant - very favorably I would say. So from here on out when I sit down with a glass of one of my WS kit wines (Wash. Merlot drinking with Super Tuscan and Cab. Sav. aging) I'm going to imagine myself drinking an $11.00 glass of wine.

Since my first wine is months from being ready......my wife and and are starting out with my own distilled wheat neutral (vodka) martinis. So yummy...a bit dirty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back