What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight it is a lovely glass of RJS Cru Select Valpo Ripassa. Approaching 1 year and it is spectacular. Better than my Renaissance or Renaissance Impressions Amarone. They are closer to valpo than this one is. Gonna have to make more of this one.

Last night was our own Bushy Run Winery Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee. Tonight, a D&O Cellars Catawba (freshly stolen earlier today from Doug's basement). I will be targeting this the next time I wander into his winery....

I bottled my Australian Shuraz last night and drank the "wine maker's portion"...about half a bottle left over. This one was enhanced with plums, and finished quite nice. Of course, it's still very young, and the oak is in your face, but I'll get to see how it ages over the next few years.

Grilled a nice NY strip steak and thoroughly enjoyed a glass or 2 of WE Selection w/Skins Temperanillo. It has been bottled since October, 2013 but it is one of my favorite wines in the cellar. Great fruit and the black pepper notes I was hoping for.

Last night I bottled a batch of Cranapple Chardonnay that I plan to give as Christmas gifts in December. I had about a bottle left over after filling my 30. So, tonight I'm enjoying a little holiday cheer in April. :dg

2011 MMM Amarone. Terrific. 2012 WE Nero D' Avola. Fantastic.

Legacy Primo Rosso by Vineco . It is a 16 L kit with raisins and extra oak .
One year old now and I think it is underrated . :b

Many years of wine went to a massive wine tasting event in St. Louis sponsored by a local liquor chain Randalls. There were 44+ wines. Tried all the reds and a few of the whites, bought a few. Nothing exceptional, except for the process of a few of the Napa Valley wines. There was a chardonnay they wanted $50 a bottle for. Way outside any price point for me and it wasn't the best of them there.

Enjoyed two different Pinots yesterday. The first was from Shea in Oregon. A really good Pinot, but I think it needed a little more age (don't recall which vintage). Another was Cambria. This is not high end, but I I think it is pretty good. I know my dad gets it at Costco.

There were entirely too many things in the glass last night. We had drinks with family and friends on the porch. This consisted of Niagra and Catawba. With dinner we had Seyval and then onto the 2013 Chilean Carmenere. Wow that was good.

A few days late but am just now finding a chance to post this. For Easter we had Lamb Shanks with Portabella Mushrooms in Au Jus. Potatoes Augratin and the wine was a 2008 EFESTE (F-S-T) Final Final. 60% Cab Sauv 40% Syrah. This wine retails for ~$25 in the Seattle stores. About $30 at the winery. It is called Final Final a they blend up the last barrels of stuff that didn't quite make the cut into the full varietal wines. Still an amazing wine and it was in full stride. Didn't have to decant (or have time really) just PNP. Perfect balance, nice long finish with enough acid to cut through the lamb with ease. Lots of dark fruits, leather, pencil. SWMBO was very happy with this selection from the commercial side of the cellar! LOL

691d2a99d7df321c6f50521d031e46ca.jpg

2013 chianti

each month when I open a bottle it is getting better and better !!

The dregs that were left in the carboy after I filter my Torrontes. I had just barely enough for a split, so I just poured it through a funnel into the bottle. Since it was during Lent, I couldn't enjoy it that day. It's still pretty clear and delicious. Very crisp, and needs a few months on it, but it's good now.

A few days late but am just now finding a chance to post this. For Easter we had Lamb Shanks with Portabella Mushrooms in Au Jus. Potatoes Augratin and the wine was a 2008 EFESTE (F-S-T) Final Final. 60% Cab Sauv 40% Syrah. This wine retails for ~$25 in the Seattle stores. About $30 at the winery. It is called Final Final a they blend up the last barrels of stuff that didn't quite make the cut into the full varietal wines. Still an amazing wine and it was in full stride. Didn't have to decant (or have time really) just PNP. Perfect balance, nice long finish with enough acid to cut through the lamb with ease. Lots of dark fruits, leather, pencil. SWMBO was very happy with this selection from the commercial side of the cellar! LOL
Thank dinner sounds fantastic.
I buy a dry red called Apothic Red. It's a blend as well, and it's one of the few dry wines I will drink.

Enjoying a delightful mistake. A lower end WE shiraz with 1# raisins and 4T tannin added after secondary was complete. Probably a year old by now, mighty nice.

I'm enjoying a delightful 2011 Cabernet-Merlot, California juice bucket from Luva Bella, it was good at one year, its great at 2-1/2 years!

Latest posts

Back