What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last about the same but seems to have less ash IMHO.
I think the lump burns a little hotter as well, not sure what everyone else's experiences are. @sour_grapes, good to see that you remember I practice the sport of grilling year round! Weather at our cabin was just incredibly nice on Monday and Tuesday. Low humidity, light breeze, clear blue skies and mid-50's for the afternoon temps. You gotta watch that low humidity and keep hydrated with plenty of beer. I reserved the Pinot Noir, which is getting better slowly (started 4-29-16), for in front of the raging fireplace as my nightcap.

Protein......Get yer protein........

Marinated Teriyaki Tri-Tip. Hit it hot and fast on the Weber with charcoal and pecan. Pulled at 120F and let it rest for 10 mins. Perfect!

I sliced thin and served it over some easy button Costco salad I picked up last week.

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

1.25.19TaylorFarmsSweetKaleChoppedKitRendering.png

Does lump last longer than charcoal?

Technically, I don't think it does. But, the briquettes break down faster. What I mean is that I always reuse the leftovers from the prior cook. The briquettes break down to dust/ash a little easier, I think. So I feel that given two similar cooks, one with briquettes and one with lump, I'd have more reusable lump for the next cook than briquettes. And the ash pan certainly fills more slowly when using lump.

Protein......Get yer protein........

Marinated Teriyaki Tri-Tip. Hit it hot and fast on the Weber with charcoal and pecan. Pulled at 120F and let it rest for 10 mins. Perfect!

I sliced thin and served it over some easy button Costco salad I picked up last week.

View attachment 54969

View attachment 54970

1.25.19TaylorFarmsSweetKaleChoppedKitRendering.png
Nice, literally made my mouth water, heading out to fire up my grill now.

We enjoyed some turnip greens (sauteed onions, chix stock); Romanesco broccoli (roasted at 400, slathered with a sauce of butter, EVOO, garlic, ho-made preserved lemons, parsley, and lemon juice); adzuki beans and onions (seasoned with sage, garlic, marjoram, bay leaf, serrano pepper, tomato paste, sage, etc.); a bit of brown rice; and mudbugs (precooked and preseasoned by my local grocery store, just steamed a bit to reheat). Even though the main dish was "Easy Button" material, still took me an embarrassingly long time to get victuals on the table! :)

Jim (@Boatboy24 ), don't read too much into the label of the olive oil bottle. I use a 3L can that I refill a few extant 1L bottles from on a regular basis!

DSCN3092.jpg
DSCN3093.jpg

Back