What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still in training I see......... :)

LOL!

Went with basics tonight. I've had baseball games with the kids every night this week, eating like crap and not getting home until 8:00 or later. Had a meeting near the house with a vendor this afternoon and finished early. Wife and kids were at an early evening birthday party. I cut the lawn, cleaned up, put on some music, started the grill and opened some wine. Life is good. :h

Wish I had Dan's oven setup, but I don't. So went with what we have. Couldn't do pizza last night because of my wife's cousin's daugher's graduation party, so did it tonight. Not feeling up to snuff tonight, so the wifey took over the pizza making duties. As a good husband I reminded her to not be skimpy with the pepperoni. Being a good wife she obliged and reminded me of why I married her... only 1 1/2 packs of pepperoni for two pizzas, a good case of heartburn is on the way!

6-11-16_pizza1.jpg

6-11-16_pizza2.jpg

Nice is that at PI Wine?

I notice that any photo I upload from the Phone comes out sideways and I always have to open it in a photo editor from my laptop and then rotate till correct orientation and then save and then repost.

Fresh pizza! At over 600° the pizza was ready in two minutes. I'm not sure why the pictures are sideways as I did have them correct.

Sorry, picture isn't the best. Got a cheap boneless pork loin from the local Giant that was on sale ($7.49 for 3.45 lbs). Seared it on some charcoal (easy to get it hot since the wind has been wicked all day) and plopped it in the over at 325*F for about an hour. On the left is my wife and my dinner, hidden in some really nice sauerkraut. Served with red skinned potatoes with parsley and some mixed veges (carrots/cauliflower/broccoli) and a boxed burgundy (pinot grigio for my wife).

6-12-16_pork.jpg

My wife and I had two of the most wonderful steaks I have ever grilled. These came from locally raised grass feed, locally butchered beef. They were abut 6 ounce rib eyes from a local farmers market. We had also bought zucchini, squash, spring onions and scale that we grilled up in a foil pouch. Since it is hotter than heck, we paid it with a Cranberry Apple. It was all very tasty.

My local Smith's (Kroger) had Copper River Salmon on sale for $16.99lb tis week so I snagged 4 whole filets for about a Centobuck which is a very,very good price! I grilled one tonight with some Costco Seafood Seasoning and served it over a nice salad with all the trimmings. It was amazing as usual especially with a little lemon and Italian dressing. Paired very well with a nice French Rose' from Provence with a connection to WA State of course! Outstanding meal.

IMG_1198.jpg

Nice is that at PI Wine?

I notice that any photo I upload from the Phone comes out sideways and I always have to open it in a photo editor from my laptop and then rotate till correct orientation and then save and then repost.

I was out visiting one of my growers. This was at their house.

Dan,

After seeing that pizza, I really wished for a "Quadruple Like" button..

So, tell me if I have this correct.. This is a man that supplies you with grapes and then cooks you a wood-oven pizza???

How can I get a friend like that????

This week, we're alternating between:
- Homemade turkey and black bean enchiladas with a veggie side of zucchini, tomato, corn, poblano, onion, and garlic, paired with a 2010 Kirkland Signature Rioja Reserva.
- Smoked herb chicken with roasted garlic rosemary potatoes and brussel sprouts, paired with a 2013 Gérard Bertrand Cap Insula GSM (Languedoc).

Another year or so, and I'll be able to put my own wine label in the pairing. Woohoo!

Was a nice cool day around here (cloudy, mostly in the 60's until just now) so I fired up the stove and made some lasagna. Now it's getting to that time of the year that I don't have any sauce left over from the fall batches, so I had to go with all store bought ingredients. Had a turkey burger base, lot's of cheese and sauce, used Barilla no boil lasagna rectangles.

Had some left over hot dog rolls from last night (most everyone ate burgers (over charcoal) with real bacon (not the turkey stuff)), so made up some quickey garlic rolls.

Very easy meal, so I'm already done cooking for the evening. Once my oldest gets done with the dishes I plan on drinking some wine and cleaning some bottles, then drinking some more wine. Maybe I'll tip a carboy or two, sky's the limit...

6-15-16_lasagna.jpg

6-15-16_garlic-buns.jpg

Latest posts

Back