What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!!! I see a shrimp on that plate!!

It's some kind of vegan shrimp substitute. I normally don't eat meat substitutes because vegetables taste so good I don't miss meat. But the restaurant put it in there. I think it's made from rice and yams. It had a surprisingly real shrimp-like texture. But clearly shrimp would be much better than any substitute.

Honestly ,cooked and ate too fast for pics lol. Roasted chicken,rice and steamed veggies.

I'm away for the entire month of June. A little worried about the menu ;).

Worked most of the day in the back yard, mowed, fertilized, watered, worked in the garden, planted some hanging baskets and then fired up the 22" Weber with some charcoal and pecan and grilled some beef fajitas that had been marinating all day.

Made "Ho Made" Guac from scratch all fresh ingredients, grilled the bell peppers and onions on the Weber along with some fresh Zucchini squash.

Then paired it all with.........

Frozen Margaritas made with Patrón Silver. Dang those were just tooooooo smooth to even notice the TeKillYa' :)

Back is feeling much better after a couple of those. :sm

Oh and watching the bats come out at sunset and fly back and forth munching on bugs. Way cool!

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner was a Trader Joe's special.

White Fish Vera Cruz over a Peruvian Chimichurri Rice and a side of garlic Nan bread painted with butter. An 2012 Austrian Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay from Margaret River that paired extremely well with it.

_E1k7fUKpG-u1XccpH8KbeMuXxzprB4s7QHAr5CNtcByDxm8gVsnFbQ_N6uLyR1EdBFYQO029VewGLe7CN8uPqWsc3SubqW1IcZkTeVI-uRjxkZLE8m2LoBH6Uih6sV7Ver_5NKUTG7jmRzNg6NnrI3WgeGDvNKMJh18OeYcCOBgphPh1OJiAizxIh7nGfEI5yp8AfqAtDMw-HFVPIFoLTQ2UpMKqrE4lPdmLRcBD8W54XZxY5QIUZfKSyGKDOA4mMyprHJwTAquD9kX8MCi627il-nf9ilYpj4jNgbI9Q5xxhwFz8GWYoUiqOXjzk15Gh_foz423644M6_fT1DAToNVeazFmlM_WCDNwDtW2KzIT1C7uM2bdoGIxueIHC-RjZ_f5nREliDRj5EgD1kn8xqSX8MC9kwekLaCtL_8zrxXdKb7pZlIvedEE56hdV6mBvBHkgFJSerMOg8EAUvjanDfddh0Ly_Tt7UpWo6-Ag4SkDApJBioPPHX1B6-baxkcAomPsuUIaDc8Y9X6c8vvsKQOAI9cGsVyoKMv99Hl33lCVYfiVhh7LIrB-9nf1PHbgGpxVkgBdSzatzVVXztGoBPTE23ddFk=w1306-h979-no

Some simple fare tonight, turkey burger (also some dogs and brats not pictured) and some corn on the cob. Jim ( @Boatboy24 ) this Giant bought corn was much better than the batch a few weeks ago. Larger ears and much sweeter, plus only $2 for 10 ears! I had to try it at that price. All the kids loved it.

5-29-2016_turkey-burger.jpg

Crawfish Bisque at moms house for dinner tonite.

Meanwhile, back at the winery, a 16 lb whole brisket sits quietly foiled in the fridge, covered with a slathering of Better Than Bouillon and dry rub, waiting patiently for a 4 AM date with the Promo Oval XL.

Put it on at 1 AM, little lower temp, looking good at 10 AM!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Worked most of the day in the back yard, mowed, fertilized, watered, worked in the garden, planted some hanging baskets and then fired up the 22" Weber with some charcoal and pecan and grilled some beef fajitas that had been marinating all day.

Made "Ho Made" Guac from scratch all fresh ingredients, grilled the bell peppers and onions on the Weber along with some fresh Zucchini squash.

Then paired it all with.........

Frozen Margaritas made with Patrón Silver. Dang those were just tooooooo smooth to even notice the TeKillYa' :)

Back is feeling much better after a couple of those. :sm

Oh and watching the bats come out at sunset and fly back and forth munching on bugs. Way cool!

Sounds almost perfect, but a rocks margarita would have been the way to go, especially considering the tekillya you were using...

With apologies to @GreginND

Getting warmed up for tomorrow. Tonight we have Green Chile Cheese Burgers with a side of Johnsonville Green Chile Bratwurst!

Paired nicely with a 2015 Acrobat Rose of Pinot Noir. :db

That's a big burger and a lot of sausage to pound down in one sitting! :HB

Latest posts

Back