WHAT WILL YOU BE SERVING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
With Thanksgiving coming up next week I thought it might ne interesting to see what everyone is planning pairing with that Turkey and Dressing.

Mine will be a Cranberry
smiley2.gif
and a Muscadine..The last bottle from last year
smiley19.gif

None of my wine is ready
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

Therefore, I must go purchase something like Pinot Noir probably. But.....look out next year!!!!!

Francie

One bottle of everything in the cellar will make this crowd happy...actually most of them like beer [a lot], but they will drink some wine on T-Day....

mine will be my last bottle of Blue Black berry & Spiced Pear, maybe some Persimmon
smiley36.gif

Harry

I'm with ya Waldo. I have Cranberry/Orange, Last bottle of Muscadine and blackberry from last year. For the faint of heart, a Johannisberg Reisling, and a Reisling Ice Wine for after dinner.

Gee! I feel TERRIBLE!
smiley19.gif

I "have to" chaperone my daughter's high school French class field trip to Rome, Nice and Paris starting Sunday-- and will be gone until December 5, so I won't be able to serve any of my wines...
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
I feel HORRIBLE!

I guess I'll just have to pick something up on the fly... oh, well...I'm sure we'll manage!
smiley4.gif

I'm servingsome of my1 year old pumpkin wine, and my 1 year old persimmon wine.
I've got some Raspberry White Grape, dessert style, that I will probably serve with cheesecake for dessert.
smiley1.gif

I have been saving 6 bottles of cranberry, plus I have one bottle of blackberry merlot saved over from last year...

LOL I thought this was good...from

http://www.ehow.com/how_8482_pick-wine-thanksgiving.html

"Choose a wine that goes well with fowl ' either red or white ' and is earthy, barnyardy and food-friendly."

Barnyardy? I've had barnyards full of sheep, goats, beef cattle, chickens, and pigs. I don't think I want a wine that's even remotely barnyardy! =)

I too will have to buy something at the store. Probably a Shiaz or cabernet. Probably both. Yet, a friend of mine gave me a bottle of Moselland Lighthouse Series Riesling Qualitatswein. I've never tasted a Riesling and so we will bring this one to the table also. But next year, will be the home brew.
smiley2.gif

jsmahoney: A reisling is an excellent choice to go with your meal. I'm not familiar with you brand, but my wife and I preffer a Johannisberg Reisling that really makes the meal.

OilnH2O said:
Gee! I feel TERRIBLE!
smiley19.gif

I "have to" chaperone my daughter's high school French class field trip to Rome, Nice and Paris starting Sunday-- and will be gone until December 5, so I won't be able to serve any of my wines...
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
I feel HORRIBLE!

I guess I'll just have to pick something up on the fly... oh, well...I'm sure we'll manage!
smiley4.gif

Yeah, I can really feel the vibe that you are devastated!
smiley36.gif
I dunno what I will serve. I have quite a variety and plan to make just about anything available. We are having Prime Rib and Smoked Turkey and possibly a Tur-duc-hen.

I plan on havingthe entire2005 Wine Expert Limited Edition wines available. Dunno if I will offer the Nebbiola d'Alba though as I made it late and it hasn't aged much yet. I wish the Stagg's Leap Merlot was ready but it isn't yet but next year it will be there. Of course there will be some White Zin, Gewürztraminer and probably the Kumquat Mead.

From the 2005 LE series, both of the whites, the Trio Blanco and the Sicilian Grillo are ready to meet the world and quite impressive. The Petite Sirah/Zinfandel is ready as well. The Chilean Cabernet is tasty, but not quite there yet but is quite good if decanted prior to serving. I do have a few other Cab batches that I might pull from instead. Overall, I think the whites will go over the best though. I will be hitting the Rosso Fortissimo myself though.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

I have a bottle of Hungarian wine givem to me by a friend during my Poland trip. I'll let you know on that. I also have a Jan 2006 Murray River Reserve and a youngish (June)Domaines des Brume. If worst comes to worst I could open my last remaining 2005 WE Sangiovese.

Peter, what is the Hungarian wine you have? Is it Nemes? Or Bulls Blood?????

Well, it looks like Thanksgiving is truly going to be a "Fine Vine Wines" day.
I certainly wish all of you a very happy one, filled with the joy of good food, family, friends and fine wines.

Well, I think we all have the wines covered whether bought or made at home, just hope everything else goes as well.

Back