WHAT WILL YOU BE SERVING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting replies from my invited guests...guess everyone is going to make it...even all the 'ex's'...
Everyone is always very civilized and think they are Thankful for some common ground to be able to spend the day with their kids and parents and step-parents...
We put the 'fun' in disfunctional...
And, if they want to drink beer...I really don't care...more wine for us!!!!
Life is good!!!!

Hey NW, that is great. Have 'fun' Thanksgiving.

By the way, if you didn't notice yet, your next post will be 1000!
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

appleman said:
Hey NW, that is great. Have 'fun' Thanksgiving.

By the way, if you didn't notice yet, your next post will be 1000!
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

Thanks appleman...1000 Posts....boy that's way too many...all that and really not much to say!!!

NW, you not having something to say, or SHARE with us, that will be the day.

I'll be serving the last bottle of fresh blueberry (picked in Sherman, TX) and I'll crack open the first bottle of Grillo.

It's Teleki Villanyi Cuvee
Cab Sauvignon - Merlot 2004

Villanyi is a region in Hungary (southern, near Pecs which I visited in 2003)
Teleki could be a n umber of things Teleki was a 19th century rootstock breeder, an I presume the vineyard Teleki is from him. The vineyard is one of Hungary's best. however, Teleki was also the president of Hungry prior to WWII and tried desperately to keep Hungary out the war and as a result is a national hero. I don't know if there is a family connection or if the wine is named after him rather than the vineyard.

as a 2004 SC-Merlot, I suspect it needs a leaving a good few years yet.
Maybe for my 25th anniversary (2012) also happens to be when Britain hosts the Olympics.

This year my family is going to my mother's house for dinner. She doesn't drink hardly at all so we have to limit what we bring. There will be about 30 people there so a few bottles won't hurt. Guess I will have to cut down that day.
smiley2.gif
Since my sister makes wine also with her husband, she says she's bringing a couple bottles - a Blackberry and a Raspberry. That takes care of the fruit wine, so I think I will bring a Johannisburg Riesling and a sparkling Ruby Cabernet, both a year old now. The Riesling I oaked with some of my homegrown oak and everyone loves it with poultry. The Ruby Cabernet is very fruity and with it sparkling, it's like a high powered cooler- goes down very easily ( I drank a bottle Sunday while cooking stuffed venison steaks).

I will be introducing my 1st batch of homemade winewith the Thanksgiving meal. It is a Muller-Thurgau WE kit wine that is, as theysay, similar to aRiesling. Myparents and other immediate family don't know about my recent summer of becoming a winemaker. So, should be fun! The wine is at 3 months in the bottle now and has beenimproving each month. Time to start another kit! I plan to do an actual Riesling so I can compare to a store purchase. Then I will get brave and try some other whites and reds. Leelanau
P.S. My wife likes it and so do I - that's all that matters.
smiley20.gif
But, if the rest of the family likes it, that's a bonus.

I'm glad your wine came out to your liking. Dont tell them you made it until after they have had some to get the real truth.

Franzia Vintners Select Merlot(box) I have some blackberry bottled a few weeks ago, and some chardonnay that only has a week under the cork.
Boxed Wine is sort of like my hidden guilty pleasure, kind of like other people secretly liking to ride mopeds, digging Barry Manilow, and having a crush on Judge Judy. Does anyone else want to reveal any hidden gems??

Did the picture finally post above? I had to change the file name.

Edited by: wadewade

Hope all of you had just half as good a Thanksgiving as I did. I got up early...yep !! 1:30 am and made some homemade bread to accompany the rest of the Thanksgiving feast.
DSCN0002-4.jpg

DSCN0008-2.jpg

DSCN0014-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back