What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early morning run in this beautiful, 60 degree, low humidity weather. I didn't get the blueberry port bottled yesterday - wound up racking WS Super Tuscan from the barrel and putting the Shiraz-Viognier in. This afternoon, I'll bottle the port, back sweeten the 2014 peach wine, then maybe watch some football or work in the yard a bit. Giants don't play until tonight.

Bottled 6 gallons of a 2013 Merlot.

Backsweetened 44 gallons of our General Braddock Catawba/Fredonia blend and 60 gallons of our Colonel Bouquet Catawba/Fredonia/Concord blend. We have another 30 gallons of Diamond to backsweeten along with 15 gallons of Catawba.

My son stopped by and learned how to apply shrink wrap capsules.

Turning off the radio (I don't get cable, tonight I'm happy I don't). I was making fun of the Giants for their loss to Dallas last night, at least they were in the game! I think a good college team would be doing better against the Falcons than the Eagles are. Guess a good night sleep is preferable to listening to this garbage.

got home and pressed off another 20 pounds of pears. Got another 2 gallons of juice in the bucket and when I went to pick up the bucket, I promptly knocked the bucket over and spilled all the juice. Just the way my week has been going....

After letting a year, or more in most cases, I'm finally bottling the 60ish gallons from last year that have been sitting on my kitchen counter. "Why now?" one might ask??? Well, because we're FINALLY closing on our house!!!

I took a yearlong sabbatical from the craft because I was running out of time and space in my kitchen. Now, the time has come!

The worst part, having to bottle all this! Of course I wasn't about to carry full 5 gal carboys down stairs, and moving a 15 gal demijohn is impossible!

The best part, In my new house I'll FINALLY have a LAB of my own!!! I have my own basement area for my own use!!!! AND I'll be starting off in the hew house with a pretty decent selection.

Additionally, in my haste, I forgot to backsweeten a full batch of Apple-Rasp-Perry. And I really don't like dry wines. The upswing, I can sweeten to taste with any variety of syrups to find a new recipe, or use it for some Sangria-Esque party punch... so either way I'm kinda winning.

Better get back to the kitchen!

After letting a year, or more in most cases, I'm finally bottling the 60ish gallons from last year that have been sitting on my kitchen counter. "Why now?" one might ask??? Well, because we're FINALLY closing on our house!!!

I took a yearlong sabbatical from the craft because I was running out of time and space in my kitchen. Now, the time has come!

The worst part, having to bottle all this! Of course I wasn't about to carry full 5 gal carboys down stairs, and moving a 15 gal demijohn is impossible!

The best part, In my new house I'll FINALLY have a LAB of my own!!! I have my own basement area for my own use!!!! AND I'll be starting off in the hew house with a pretty decent selection.

Additionally, in my haste, I forgot to backsweeten a full batch of Apple-Rasp-Perry. And I really don't like dry wines. The upswing, I can sweeten to taste with any variety of syrups to find a new recipe, or use it for some Sangria-Esque party punch... so either way I'm kinda winning.

Better get back to the kitchen!

Congratulations Gina, good things do come to those who wait...now to make that house a home...

On the road so trying a big variety of apple ale/hard ciders. So far it's angry orchard

Congrats Gina! I'm happy to hear that you guys finally have a new home. I know that is something you wanted fir a long time. Now we are expecting to have you back on here as a regular!

Up early to rack 7 gallons of cab to secondary, added mlb an getting our oldest to the bus stop. Then off to VA for our annual guys golf weekend trip.

Re-taste tested my gluten free beer from the Brewer's Best kit I made in spring. Like 6-9 months ago?

Anyway, MAJOR improvements over what it was before. The metallic taste has almost entirely subsided, it has great carbonation, good head, and a nice citrus flavour. Add a twist of orange or lemon and it's golden.

@jswordy - have you tried this one?

Latest posts

Back