What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a walk at lunch time and stopped at a local winery in the strip district. I couldn't sample since I had to go back to work but I have to say, if you, as an owner of a business, can't be sociable with a potential customer you will lose that customer and other would be referrals real fast. Can't say that I liked the wine there the time I did stop and can say that I won't ever be back.

Went for a walk at lunch time and stopped at a local winery in the strip district. I couldn't sample since I had to go back to work but I have to say, if you, as an owner of a business, can't be sociable with a potential customer you will lose that customer and other would be referrals real fast. Can't say that I liked the wine there the time I did stop and can say that I won't ever be back.

Doug, pm me the winery.

No, I am not but I just checked it out and I thinking I need to go there.

We had the usual Canada Day celebration-type things yesterday: fireworks the night before at the in-laws, slept in a bit, went to the Osborne Street Festival to tire out the kids, then a BBQ in the evening. It was a beautiful, hot day, and everyone in a good mood!

One of the neighbours had fireworks, so we watched them in the evening while the kids slept.

Worked longer than I wanted to. Then went for a run, cleaned up and made dinner for the kiddos. Then labeled and foiled Dad's wine for the surprise party. For the party, I've been working on a playlist on Pandora of all his favorite artists. So I've been listening and giving thumbs up/down A LOT. Now watching the Nats game, with Pandora in the background and the Red Mountain Trio in my belly. :sm

Had a nice morning ride and gauged the sprint segment on Strava for my attempt on the number one position tomorrow. We will see if I can pull it off:n

RpkWRQJGxC7Rs25KUCtiwq26lkLZCSOGIK8frVSDAlo-576x768.jpg

I set up three more rows of fence for my grapes in my new vineyard then repaired my brothers tiller for him

Surprise B-day party for my Dad out at Sunset Hills Vineyard. :db

What a great day we had. Beautiful setting. Surprisingly good wines all around. I mean really good. Fantastic hospitality. We had a private tasting, followed by snacks and lunch. Then a few reserved tables outside in a nice, shady area. Good times. There's a gazillion wineries in northern Virginia. Many in Loudon County (where we were today). But this is most certainly among the best I've visited. Here's a pic of my lunch (after I'd eaten half of it). Tuna, shrimp, crab on top of greens, with avocado, mango, and a delicious vinaigrette. I washed it down with their 'Sunset White', which is mostly Traminette, with some Vidal Blanc and Viognier. Great white wine.

Last edited:
Looks yummy Jim! Took a walk back in the woods yesterday and came across some wild grapevines

image.jpg

Started and modified a White Cranberry Pinot Gris and a Raspberry Dragonfruit White Shiraz. Took some wines to 2 birthday parties yesterday and they went over quite well.

Still waiting to hear from the PLCB..... again......

Latest posts

Back