What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked 18 carboys and added oak then picked up a full truckload of leaves from the lawn. Getting everything ready so I can migrate south soon.

Beaming with pride a little right now. My (just turned) 7 year old just finished a Lego project that was over 700 pieces. He's been working on it all day on his own. He's pretty proud too. :D And, my 13 year old nephew finished 2nd in a Bass fishing tournament today and qualified for the state championship. :db

Congrats Jim, you have every right to be proud that is a huge accomplishment for both those boys.

Well as some of you know, I'm in Calgary for 2 weeks babysitting our granddaughter. Today we shoveled snow!

Planning on bottling my Riesling and perhaps starting the Argentia Ridge Coast Reserve Amarone Red Wine Kit that I picked up from Costco on sale ($85).

Made that kit twice now... decent wine for the price. I added extra oak and aged for a year...

Yesterday I managed to get my remaining 4 buckets of juice transferred to glass. At this point I have 2-5 gallon carboys and 4-3 gallon carboys not filled.

Got the Tempranillo Garnacha bottled tonight. Now watching the Giants do an impeccable imitation of a high school football team. :ft

Just got back from the school board meeting (GRRRR)......

We hope to be bottling the 2013 Malbec and a batch of Skeeter Pee. I need ot clean the basement out in preparation of recieving a closed winery's assets....

I pitched the yeast on my first batch of Dragons Blood. My only hope is that I don't degrade the memories of those who have gone before me or tarnish the reputation of Danger Dave and his magical concoction. :)

I have discovered that sleep is overrated. Who said you need more than 2 or 3 hours a night.ycuduffuurrghiu oops must have nodded off there.And also who needs diets and treadmills to lose weight. Just walk the floors all night with a teething baby. 3.5 lbs down in 5 days. Yay? Lol

Tonight is "date night" with my wife. We are heading to Oliver Twist in Pgh for dinner then over to Heinz Hall to see Kenny Loggins in concert. Looking forward to an evening alone with my wife...

Is he performing with Blue Sky Riders? That would be a treat for sure. Unfortunately he went the way of Kenny Rodgers with the plastic surgery. A little scary to look at these days! :)

We are heading to Oliver Twist in Pgh for dinner then over to Heinz Hall to see Kenny Loggins in concert.

Is he performing with Blue Sky Riders? That would be a treat for sure. Unfortunately he went the way of Kenny Rodgers with the plastic surgery. A little scary to look at these days! :)
Ye he was playing with the Blue Sky Riders. It was an awesome performance. First time we saw him perform was probably 10 years ago at 7 Springs Ski Resort, he opened for Hall and Oates, which is one of my wifes favorites, then in nthe end both groups came out and performed together.

Yesterday I managed to rack the various muscadine off the heavy lees. I have all the extra sludge in carboys to settle out. I ended with approx 56 gallons of various muscadine varieties. From the sludge, I'm thinking I'll end up with anothe 5 gallons total.

I racked my CC Showcase Argentinian Malbec to "secondary," racked my WE Viognier off its finings for bulk aging, and added k-meta to my aging CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot. I, of course, snuck a taste of the Cab/Merlot, and it is wonderful. Great berry flavor plus a shot of vanilla.

First cold run of the season this morning at around 28 degrees. Brrr! I helped a friend take down, relocate and remount his big screen, then went to niece's birthday party. Just hanging out now, and will go next door later for some fire pit action and some port.

Happy 1st wine-aversary to me! My first batch was "born" on 11/7/2013. Tonight we popped the cork on one of my first ones. Admittedly, its not great, but it's not bad... a bit sweet... but what could you expect from a bottle of juice, sugar, bread yeast, and a balloon as an airlock. Have to say, I m impressed that it made a year without going totally hideous.

It's been a good year. And almost 200 gallons. Most of which done properly, and an unnoficial silver medal to boot.

Thank you guys for all the support and advice.

Latest posts

Back