What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the installation of my whole house filter and ran my first carboy of Concord thru it for bottling. The filter combined with my allinonewinepump just finishes off a very nice package!

Yesterday I added the second dose of nutrient to a batch of Cranberry/Pomegranate and a batch of White Grape Cherry. On Sunday, I racked a batch of Apple. So in process are the following, another Cranberry/Pomegranate, Red Grape/Cranberrry/Pomegranate, 2 - 3 Gallon batches of Apple and a batch of Mead.

On deck are: 30# of frozen Pears, Pumpkin Spice and Blackberry.

Wow. Perhaps too many at once. I love the hobby; however, at times it feels like a job.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Last edited:
I finished the installation of my whole house filter and ran my first carboy of Concord thru it for bottling. The filter combined with my allinonewinepump just finishes off a very nice package!

Yesterday I added the second dose of nutrient to a batch of Cranberry/Pomegranate and a batch of White Grape Cherry. On Sunday, I racked a batch of Apple. So in process are the following, another Cranberry/Pomegranate, Red Grape/Cranberrry/Pomegranate, 2 - 3 Gallon batches of Apple and a batch of Mead.

On deck are: 30# of frozen Pears, Pumpkin Spice and Blackberry.

Wow. Perhaps too many at once. I love the hobby; however, at times it feels like a job.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1413955057.957482.jpg

Lasr night I pressed approximately 32 gallons of Noble Muscadine. My assistant wine maker was helping. She kept saying how good it smelled and askingbwhy she couldn't drink some. Sg was 1.020. There was this can plus 6 1/2 gallons in a bucket.

1413973335831.jpg

1413973350770.jpg

We are on Day 6 of Operation Restore Sanity. We visited a nice, small boutique winery in central Florida (Hutchinson Farm Winery). John and Sherry were extremely nice and knowledgeable people and the wife and I had a very nice tasting and talk. We then returned to our oceanside timeshare and laid out at the pool to further our tans. One more day and a wake up and we will return back to Pittsburgh to resume our regular lives. I look forward to getting back and helping with the muscadine processing....

cleaned my garden out..put tomato cages aside, got a few cherry tomatoes. The green peppers are still going along with the kale it looks as though I'll have kale till it freezes I'm surprised the green peppers are still holding on! planted a blueberry plant that arrived while I was out of town. Weeded my asparagus a lil. I was surprised that's all it needed was a lil weeding! Got some mowing in, and I washed some bottles. Took wine inventory and it's running low but I have 3 carboys clearing...Have a grand cru banana/pineapple mist on deck don't know if I'll be entering this in the contest or not I got it to compare to my homemade banana/pineapple I got going so tweaking would be going against the grate. Guess I could half the kit. I'm thinking that's what I'll do I got some white raisons been soaking in vodka for months now because I ordered a white wine kit off ebay a while back and they sent me a chianti instead :pogood thing I like reds!

Started my Italian juice Dolcetto today. Tomorrow starting my NY juice Diamonds.

I bought a Diamond from Walkers this year also. Never had this before bu my initial taste was very good, I'm looking forward to this.

Transferred 80 gall9ns of various muscadine into glass with the help of Hokapsig. I also racked 40 gallons of other PA juice. After that we went to Kavic Winery for some sampling and a tour for Hokapsig.

Sour grapes. Same thing here. There were groups of 15 to 20 at once. The kids don't walk as much now. The minivan's just circle the subdivision and drop off as they go. We have only lived in the Chicago area since 2012. Thought it was very weird that the kids were out a week before Halloween. Apparently that's the way they do it in our area. Always the Sunday before and between 2 and 5 pm. A bit strange, but it does make sense to have the kids out before dark as it's much safer.

Today was trick-or-treating in my neighborhood. We get hordes, absolute hordes of kids. I blew through all of my candy (~15 lbs, 400 pieces) in an hour.

Sour grapes. Same thing here. There were groups of 15 to 20 at once. The kids don't walk as much now. The minivan's just circle the subdivision and drop off as they go. We have only lived in the Chicago area since 2012. Thought it was very weird that the kids were out a week before Halloween. Apparently that's the way they do it in our area. Always the Sunday before and between 2 and 5 pm. A bit strange, but it does make sense to have the kids out before dark as it's much safer.

Ouor community os one of the few in the area that still believe in doing Halloween Trick or Treating on Halloween at night. I'll not be handing out candy this year as I'll be out with my daughter. The issue we have with Halloween is since we actually do Halloween on Halloween, the neighboring kids come to our community annd trick or treat. We would go through 400+ pieces in the first hour. I'm sorry, your kid got candy in your community, quit being so damn greedy...

Ouor community os one of the few in the area that still believe in doing Halloween Trick or Treating on Halloween at night. I'll not be handing out candy this year as I'll be out with my daughter. The issue we have with Halloween is since we actually do Halloween on Halloween, the neighboring kids come to our community annd trick or treat. We would go through 400+ pieces in the first hour. I'm sorry, your kid got candy in your community, quit being so damn greedy...

LOL, we are the opposite side of that issue. We still do trick or treat in our township but we get no children come to the house! I quit buying candy years ago.

Back