What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you've been busy! Appliance parts are a big overpriced bummer! My husband's family owned an appliance parts store for 25 years i know firsthand just how expensive they are even wholesale.

That cherry/pomegranate sounds wonderful! Let is know how it turns out!

Carolyn

Goodness yes! I'm always making like a chicken with it's head cut off! Fortunate for me, my dad was a contractor for many years, so I've learned many tricks of the trade and am pretty proficient when it comes to home improvement and repair. Also I have many professionals in the family if I can't get the job done. And BEST of all, even if you can't figure something out, there's always a tutorial somewhere in the great vastness of the "Google Machine"!

My super awesome husband already fixed the sink too. nothing like good old JB Weld. Now I can return the overpriced replacement I bought yesterday.

I hear ya... my whole family is a bunch of handy people this how we get by! fixing and renovating our own stuff!

The only thing I caved in on and am very excited about is having a custom built island/bar complete with wine racks at each end and 8 bar stools with cowhide seats for my eat in kitchen! Cant wait... we honestly were going to save some money and build some generic thing ourselves out of prefab base kitchen cabinets but this wood working guy I found is very talented and reasonably priced, so no builders' headaches for that project! We are re-doing our entire ground floors though ourselves before it arrives, so that will be enough work as is.

Busted out the Vinmetrica and tested 10 batches of wine, topped off the wine in barrels, packaged up 50 lbs of the 200 lbs of bulk grain that I stocked up on, plan on putting in an order with M&M for:
2- 6 gallon buckets of Chilean Moscato
1 - 6 gallon bucket of Chilean Pinot Grigio
1 - 6 gallon bucket of Chilean Malbec
2 lugs of Chilean Malbec grapes
Lallezyme, Opti-red, and trying to decide on a yeast.

Thanks to the mishap at Philly airport, I missed 2 connections and ended up getting home at 1230 this morning instead of 8pm last night. The Brianna is still fermenting, but the Cran Pom might need a kick as I see nothing happening.

Busy day in the cellar. Racked and filtered 22 gallons of Catawba. Racked and back sweetened 6 gallons of Seyval and Vidal Blanc. Racked 14 gallons of Concord from the demi john and blended with the 4 gallons that I added grape extract to since it was sorely lacking I color. Racked 18 gallons of Fredonia. Yesterday I bottled 6 gallons of Barbera and 6 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon. Half of the cab I did as a Vanilla Cabernet and the rest was normal Cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

Thanks to the mishap at Philly airport, I missed 2 connections and ended up getting home at 1230 this morning instead of 8pm last night. The Brianna is still fermenting, but the Cran Pom might need a kick as I see nothing happening.

Ooh, how do you like the Brianna? I am playing with her for the first time this year and so far I'm enchanted.

Flew to Dallas today for a conference. Will be here until Wednesday.

Ooh, how do you like the Brianna? I am playing with her for the first time this year and so far I'm enchanted.

Flew to Dallas today for a conference. Will be here until Wednesday.

Oh, I have to chip in!!! If you like a Reisling you will love the Brianna. You take a taste, Reisling comes to mine and then you get this whole new explosion of flavors with a nice crisp finish.

Looks like the leprechauns will be bringing snow tomorrow. Starting tonight, with 6+ inches before it finishes tomorrow afternoon.

Spending our last day in Florida. ����
Heading north tomorrow morning.

You be careful Mike, looks like you might be coming thru this storm that Boatboy is talking about.

Racked the coffee wine,raspberry wine,blackberry wine,cherry wine,high bush cranberry,Banana,Wild plum,black grape,hillbilly wine, and racking the 3rd batch of Banana wine from the primary to the secondary,bottled the rhubarb 20 bottles.put 6 gal of blueberry in my oak barrel for aging.thats all.:)

Renting a big truck to move some equipment:
26ft-truck-01.jpg

missed out on any winemaking duties this weekend due to an emergency at work. But we did go to a birthday party last night and I had found some wines which I forgot to label. I turned the birthday party into a wine tasting event and the 2012 Dragon Blood went over VERY well.

Well it took over 70 days from when yeast met must but my skittles brew finally made it into secondary. Talk about a pain in the butt.

5e5emena.jpg

Well it took over 70 days from when yeast met must but my skittles brew finally made it into secondary. Talk about a pain in the butt.

5e5emena.jpg

70 days, wow. That was a long ferment. That seams a little uncommon, was that by design? If so why.

RR

Nope, just took its own sweet time. it stalled a couple times and was just an all around pain. No idea what caused it and nothing I did to try and speed it up worked.

Back