What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried gardening once........didn't get too much out of it. I figure there are local farms that do a much better job at growing fruits and veggies than I ever could! :)

Sarah I'm with you. A tomato or two would be ok but my stuff went to waste there was so much. For the price of it along the raod its worth supporting my local farmers.

Today I started 6 gall batch of Blackberry Wine
SG 1.085
35#'s Blackberry
CDB yeast

Score !

Just got 25#'s of Blackberries. Cost? ONE bottle of wine + $2.00.

Just froze them for "later"

Just got 25#'s of Blackberries. Cost? ONE bottle of wine + $2.00.

Just froze them for "later"

number1braggeravi.jpg
:)

Just got back from a car show/cruise in our downtown area. It's great to see the old muscle cars from the 50's and 60's.

You are right about not worth the effort to grow your own, just find the local farmer & buy from him, but I enjoy starting evertything from seed in the spring, from veg to flowers!! The guys I golf with think I'm nuts as I look for seed pods on the various flowers on different golf courses in the fall. Whatever floats your boat!! I think I'll plant more flowers then vegetables next year, as long as I plant a lot of marigolds, the deer don't bother these much. The plants are like the wine, you wind up giving a lot of it away anyhow!!

So, today, besides my previously mentioned outdoor chores... I also did my first racking on my first two wine batches (yay!), I cleaned up one pretty nasty red wine stain out of the carpet, and I bought a case of corona and started drinking beer (for the sake of my future skeeter pee). :)

P.S. I also order Chinese for dinner -- for mik's sake.

I just got done stirring my latest batch in the basement... MAN OH MAN does raspberry smell 100000000000x better than garlic & onion in a primary bucket!!! LOL!

Went fishing today in R.I. no big ones as the tip of the Breachway was just to crowded so fished for smaller fry closer to shore and was pounding the Scups.

Working today. Red wine and True Blood tonight its going to be a nice evening. Enjoy your Sunday.

I'm drinking lots and lots of corona... Not for me mind you -- but for the future of my future skeeter pee :)

Well, my wife is traveling to New Jersey to perform emergency work due to the Verizon strike that started last night at midnight. My poor wife. :( She'll have to work 12 hr days there, while still managing her team that's here. I already miss her. She'll be in New Jersey, so while I anxiously await her arrival at the Newark airport, I've been creating a spreadsheet to keep the records of my wine making procedures. Now, rather than write a lot of stuff on an index card, store it in a sandwich bag, I simply label that batch (i.e. Niagara 0805) on an index card, put it in a sandwich bag, not to be removed again until it ready to be discarded, and enter the date, time, SG, etc., on the Excel spreadsheet and the info is right here on my laptop when needed.

BTW.... wouldn't a really good f-pac be a can of Welch's concentrate, the same flavor as the wine? Just add as much as needed. It's unsweetened so I wouldn't have to worry about it affecting the SG and it wouldn't dilute the wine.

Last edited:
If making a Niagra sure you can do that

Today I just finished a 10gal A/G batch of a Killian's Red Clone

Latest posts

Back